If the question was asked in a different manner; i.e. what number should there be on my valve cover?, I'm sure it would have been answered within a couple of posts.

Dave

I have read posted questions about items that are being restored and the comments were not to worry about it or some comment about the person being "one of those perfect restoration guys" that they will never understand. I tried to bypass those answers by asking a simpler question. The result was just as bad. The truth is, it doesn't matter how you ask. Why would people join a forum if not to share and discuss knowledge. A better first response to my question could have been "Why do you need to know this". I will continue to help people with the things that I know because information should be free flowing. I remember a certain Guru that was always bad mouthed because he wanted money to share his knowledge. Secrecy created his business model.

Unsocial behavior because of controversy.

From Wikipedia
"Forums prefer a premise of open and free discussion and often adopt de facto standards. Most common topics on forums include questions, comparisons, polls of opinion as well as debates. It is not uncommon for nonsense or unsocial behavior to sprout as people lose temper, especially if the topic is controversial. Poor understanding of differences in values of the participants is a common problem on forums. Because replies to a topic are often worded aimed at someone's point of view, discussion will usually go slightly off into several directions as people question each other's validity, sources and so on. Circular discussion and ambiguity in replies can extend for several tens of posts of a thread eventually ending when everyone gives up or attention spans waver and a more interesting subject takes over. It is not uncommon for debate to end in ad hominem attacks."

Todays trivia: How many people have noticed the copper plated bolts in the bottom of the battery tray? I bet nobody has payed attention to that!