Quote:

Quote:

BTW, the pic was taken before I made any modifications what so ever to the car.

I am not trying start a wizzing match with you but having seen countless original air cleaners from these cars over the years, all black, and not a single exception, I still doubt they were original. That said anything was POSSIBLE with Chrysler, just not likely in this case.

Maybe the dealer painted them, or maybe your memory has faded? IMO either is a possibility.

You said it yourself that you hadn't made a SINGLE modification to the car when that pic was taken? What about the fuel lines that show in the pics? Those aren't stock, or they are at least modified or insulated. The date of March 1964 on the photo edge is also evidence that the car had been around a year or more when that pic was taken, you didn't change a thing for the first year or more of ownership?

Everything you see in the color engine pic - fuel lines ( I did wrap them with insulation tape), fuel filters, air cleaner lids, battery location, exhaust manifolds, were as it rolled off the showroom floor Scott. Only changes I made at that point in time was the gear and tires. Wish I could share some better pics with you, but ----. Car ran low 13's / high 12's as you see it with a T33 3spd. Converts were heavy. As you said, anything was possible from the factory back then, but my memory still serves me relatively well. It was a strange combination ( engine, body ) even for that time. I might add, it is the only Sport Fury body ( with all the trimmings)that I have ever seen that didn't come with front bumper "bumperettes". Again, thats how it came. After being fulley restored, it now has black air cleaner lids and bumperettes. Guy must have consulted you on the resto?

Fastest 300