Moparts

64 SuperStock Dodge ?

Posted By: 383man

64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 02:20 PM

Yesterday I was looking at the new Mopar Muscle as I grabbed it off the mag stand and read it while sitting at the Pharmacy waiting for my oxycodone refill. Well I see this red 64 Dodge with a Max Wedge scoop and one of the captions says he built it going for the 60's SuperStock look. Well I am looking at an eng with modern billet aluminum valve covers and not one bit of orange on the eng not to mention no "Ramcharger 426" emblem and two inline carbs. Then the interior in basically all modernized. I mean I went for the 60's SS look myself and of course I do not have a crossram but I do have an orange eng with the "SuperStock 426" emblems and a stock looking interior.
Maybe its me but it sure did not seem to carry the 60's SS look to me other then the Torque Thrust wheels and the maxie scoop. Oh and it had wheelie bars on it also. Ron
Posted By: Handygun

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 02:38 PM

It being a 64 b-body V-8 was about all it had in common with a Ramcharger in my quick glance of it
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 02:40 PM

Ron I thought the same thing when I saw it.. I guess its what he maybe thought it would look like today ??/ It was okay but it sure as h@#% didnt look like it came from the 60s ....
Posted By: Crizila

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 02:50 PM

Does this work?

Attached picture 7428493-64Dodge.jpg
Posted By: LSP

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 02:55 PM

This type of thing is quite common.

The 62 Plymouths/Dodges with Max Wedge scoops come to mind.
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 03:03 PM

Quote:

Does this work?

That does it for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 03:14 PM

Early evening pass at US30 drag strip in Indiana.

Attached picture 7428519-lastpass.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 03:15 PM

Sorry, no orange.

Attached picture 7428523-426wedge2.jpg
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 03:33 PM

I saw it too.Its just the younger generations perception of the REAL RACE CARS from 62-65. They go to all the trouble to make a clone then put a MSD distributor and aluminum rad. with all the rest of the new stuff. How can they have a real opinion and did not live in those times.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 04:04 PM

Last time I checked this was America and you can build any kind of car you want any way you want it just sayin
If you look at any of the competitive NSS cars or almost any car running Super Stock classes they look NOTHING like they did back in the day.Don't get me wrong,I like the old school race car look but I wouldn't compromise performance for looks.
Gus

Attached picture 7428575-mysavoy.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 04:05 PM

You know I did not mean to say that it was not a nice car as it is of course. Its just nothing like the eng and interior would have looked like in the mid 60's. I apoligize if I gave the wrong impression as its a nice car by all means I just would not advertize it as a 60's SuperStock look-a-like. Ron

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 04:13 PM

Quote:

Last time I checked this was America and you can build any kind of car you want any way you want it just sayin
If you look at any of the competitive NSS cars or almost any car running Super Stock classes they look NOTHING like they did back in the day.Don't get me wrong,I like the old school race car look but I wouldn't compromise performance for looks.
Gus

Gus you are correct but I did not mean to make it sound that way. I just meant things like the modern interior and the eng look. Of course who I am to say do not use modern parts for more performance as I use EZ heads. But I did paint them orange trying to keep with the older look.

And by all means everyone has the right to build the car the way they like. It just caught me as not being close to looking like a 60's SuperStock car under the hood and inside the car. But actually other then the wheelie bars the outside of the car did look right as maybe thats what the owner meant. Ron
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 04:49 PM

I am with Ron on this one.

OF COURSE we are all free to build them to our own tastes, etc.

IMO calling some of these modern builds "vintage" or "clone" or "Nostalgia" or whatever when refering to how they look or what they are supposed to resemble, is a big fail.

If you are going to build a car and call it a name that relates to a car of the past, at least build it to actual resemble a car of the past. It takes more than a clean body with shiney new paint, some (usually reproduction) vintage wheels, and a hood scoop and think that's all it should take to get you there.

The interiors and ESPECIALLY the engine bays should actually resemble something seen back in the day (void of all the modern Ricky Racecar junk). These are still cool cars for sure, but please, refer to them as something else, what they really are, Customs, Hot Rod, Modified, whatever.

Just my

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 05:14 PM

Only thing STOCK about the NSS cars of today is some of the sheet metal. Nothing wrong with it, except it is a misrepresentation to the younger crowd in a lot of ways. Pre 65 cars were very fast if they ran mid / low 11's and of course, wheel stands, wheelie bars, parachutes, 10/12 point cages, 500 CU motors, 13" wide tires, etc, never happened. I really like the NSS cars of today. They are fun and exciting to watch. Just not a true representation of how it was.

Attached picture 7428664-dodgeStlouis1.jpg
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 05:16 PM

I agree with Ron as well. As a side note, with all the downfalls to fenderwell headers, am I the only guy that just thinks they are super-cool or what?

Sheldon

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 06:25 PM

Quote:

I agree with Ron as well. As a side note, with all the downfalls to fenderwell headers, am I the only guy that just thinks they are super-cool or what?

Sheldon

Heck no. Look at all the cars Moshers build as they use the fenderwell headers on all of them like back in the day. I dont think you could even get chassis headers for a 62 to 65 bigblock Mopar back in the days. I myself like the chassis headers because I drive my car and dont like the tires rubbing the headers on the street. Otherwise I may have used them also. Ron

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 06:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Sheldon

I dont think you could even get chassis headers for a 62 to 65 bigblock Mopar back in the days.

Our 64 ran with Doug's headers. I had to have the fenderwell exit headers on my 63 Max Plymouth custom made, as no one was making any headers ( assemble line) in early 63.
Posted By: Barnstorm

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 08:17 PM

This used to be a stock heart pounding hi 12sec car...but keeping it still heart pounding after all these years....ah well wth. Cost as much as 1964 did.

Attached picture 7428810-998852905_4DmMz-O(Copy).jpg
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 09:33 PM

Back in 63, the stockers were limited to 7 inch slicks. Show me one today that run those 7 inch pie crust slicks. Not too many of the N/SS cars even run 9 inch tires. When did the S/S springs come out that raised the cars up 3 inches in the rear? 65?

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 11:21 PM

I ran 12.41 @116.88 with some "Atlas Bucrons" and 4.56 gears on my 63. At the time, that was FAST!!

Attached picture 7428968-myscans.jpg
Posted By: nss guy

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 11:58 PM

11teens several years ago

Attached picture 7429010-BeechBend4.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/20/12 11:59 PM

Quote:

11teens several years ago

Attached picture 7429012-BeechBend3.jpg
Posted By: old_racer

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 12:10 AM

I ran 12.30s with this and 3.55 gears and dot sticky tires.
Russ

Attached picture 7429028-DSC00007.jpg
Posted By: old_racer

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 12:11 AM

here's the car

Attached picture 7429032-63MaxWedge002.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 01:08 AM

Quote:

here's the car

Good example of what we are talking about.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 01:16 AM

Quote:

Only thing STOCK about the NSS cars of today is some of the sheet metal. Nothing wrong with it, except it is a misrepresentation to the younger crowd in a lot of ways. Pre 65 cars were very fast if they ran mid / low 11's and of course, wheel stands, wheelie bars, parachutes, 10/12 point cages, 500 CU motors, 13" wide tires, etc, never happened. I really like the NSS cars of today. They are fun and exciting to watch. Just not a true representation of how it was.

the car today, runs 10.30's thru the mufflers

Attached picture 7429100-IMG_0048.JPG

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 01:27 AM

on 9" tires albut 10.20's

Attached picture 7429120-mmstl-520122241.JPG
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 02:28 AM

wait till you all see my Dodge when it rolls out....then we'll hear all the clatter about period correctness...NOT

just the body and the fender well exit headers will be the only nostalgia look....from there its hook n book and street driven...LMAO

its all good guys...
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 06:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sheldon

I dont think you could even get chassis headers for a 62 to 65 bigblock Mopar back in the days.

Our 64 ran with Doug's headers. I had to have the fenderwell exit headers on my 63 Max Plymouth custom made, as no one was making any headers ( assemble line) in early 63.

I've had a few sets myself and loved them... Jardine's. I sold the last set about 6 years ago.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 12:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sheldon

I've had a few sets myself and loved them... Jardine's. I sold the last set about 6 years ago.

Custom made "Robinhoods" by Robinhood muffler shop in Chicago area - 1963-4.

Attached picture 7429486-scan0002.jpg
Posted By: actionange

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 01:36 PM

Quote:

on 9" tires albut 10.20's

9 inch tires for me too...

Attached picture 7429512-RESIZEDbELVEDEREATTHEBeaver2011.jpg
Posted By: dvw

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 01:41 PM

I tried to get mine close. Period wheels,period interior,push button,chrome bumpers,orange motor(now with stickers). But I don't know how to hide the inline manifold, maybe I'll call it a "Wedge Rat Roaster". Then there's the motor plate,braided lines and a vacuum pump. I'll just leave the hood on.
Doug

Attached picture 7429518-0722122128.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 01:44 PM

Do I get points for the wheels?

Attached picture 7429520-P1080696.JPG
Posted By: tboomer

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 01:46 PM

Damn!! That looks great!! Makes mine look like a scrap yard rescue!!
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 03:06 PM

some nostalgia

Attached picture 7429580-63Dodgeingarageagain.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 04:09 PM

Quote:

Sure wish I had my 63 back, but the guy wants more than my house now.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 04:32 PM

Quote:

"dvw" that car of yours looks great. I did not mean to start a big storm over this as most all of the cars on here look so cool whether they are period correct or not. Heck I was going for the 60's SS look and my car is nowhere near perfect. I guess its just the modern interior really threw me off. But they are all cool cars in whichever way they are represented as. And thanks for all the kind replies. Ron

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 04:51 PM

Here's a couple good references for original appearances. Obviously race cars back in the day had some minor add ons and changes, (headers, ignition, etc.) but they were limited to what aftermarket parts were available back then (NOT many!).

That bronze car above is nothing short of BEAUTIFUL!

But it's not what I consider Nostalgic or anything close to what they looked like back in the day.

Yes, you get extra credit for the wheels and the stance!

Attached picture 7429707-63MaxWedge.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 04:52 PM

Another version

Attached picture 7429708-62maxwedgeA.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 04:53 PM

One more (64 aluminum nose car version)

Attached picture 7429711-64MaxWedgeStandardManifolds.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 06:53 PM

Quote:

Another version

Just an FYI, they all didn't come from the factory with black air cleaner lids.

Attached picture 7429845-scan0013.jpg
Posted By: hemicop

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 07:19 PM

I've heard this argument before.
While it's great to produce an absolutely period correct piece (just look at Greg Fernalrd's cars) there IS something to be said about using SOME modernizing & keeping the car looking as they did years ago. For example--- if you're racing your car, there's little reason to run S/S springs when CalTracs will make it quicker, or running 500+ cubes when externally it'll still look like a 426 (ask Dave Dudek). I won't downplay another guy's car simply because it's not how I would've done it. My current car looks alot (NOT EXACTLY!) like a S/S Dart but mechanically it's far superior to the originals, & I point this out to those that ask. Is it a "clone" ? "Sort of", is my reply, but I hardly thiink it disqualifies it from that genre of car.......

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 08:41 PM

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I recall that thread, while it was a very cool car I'll maintain that those and all other steel air cleaner equipped cars had lids that were black from the factory.

That car looks vintage race correct, but that picture is not solid proof of factory correctness, It's obvious that it already had a number of modifications, it's HIGHLY likely that the owner pulled them off, masked off the decals, and sprayed them red/orange.
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 09:10 PM

The beauty of NSS racing is it gives us geezers the opportunity to use outmoded parts and still have some fun.

I've been involved with this since 1964, when my cousin bought a new aluminum nosed Hemi 330 Sedan. I've been racing mine since 1969, and am a big, big supporter of NSS racing and have my own thoughts. I have no problem with some of the new equipment...in many cases it's better, and, more important, safer. And, in many cases, cheaper. If you want to be totally pure, don't have roll cages and let's all race in t-shirts that say Hurst on them.

See, though, I'm still pretty much a purist. My Hemi is still 426 inches, and has old NASCAR rods and TRW pistons.....even a Racer Brown roller. That stuff is worthless now, to sell, but I had tons of it here still in boxes, and sure didn't want to eat it. And, I still use SS springs....I'm one of those who are not convinced that Cal Tracs are the be-all end-all. I still like the SS springs. My dear freind Bob George calls me a dinosaur...I like the old stuff.

My big deal these days is lettering and the hood scoops. Back in the day, no one had hood scoops that were eight feet high. Also, everyone was lettered up. I don't know where this no lettering is cool deal came from, but in the day everything was lettered....and decaled. Contingency money was a big, big deal, and to get a piece of that action, you had to have 'em stickered up.

As far as tires go, I don't care. Again, safety and expense come into play. Back in the day, you could get away with a small tire because there were no decent converters around.

If someone somehow wants to feed their ego by building an eight second car, I don't care....except for safety. My ego doesn't require me to do that....I'm here to have fun. I was able to do it the first time around, and now that my kids are grown, house paid off, and looking retirement right in the eye, I get to do it again. How cool.

But, make 'em look the part. Correct scoops, letter 'em up. Oh....big blocks and two four barrells ONLY!!

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/21/12 11:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I recall that thread, while it was a very cool car I'll maintain that those and all other steel air cleaner equipped cars had lids that were black from the factory.

That car looks vintage race correct, but that picture is not solid proof of factory correctness, It's obvious that it already had a number of modifications, it's HIGHLY likely that the owner pulled them off, masked off the decals, and sprayed them red/orange.

A--- I am the original owner ( documented ) - and unless someone painted the lids before it hit the showroom floor ( I personally drove it off the Chrysler dealerships showroom floor in 63 with orange air cleaner lids )thats the color ( same orange as the engine and valve covers )the cleaner lids came with from the factory. BTW, the pic was taken before I made any modifications what so ever to the car.
Posted By: Max Wedge Savoy

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/22/12 12:28 AM

This has turned into quite the interesting thread. I chose to run stock eliminator with one of these cars because I have always wanted too. The flat hood is part of the rules for me even though I run the high compression version, steel front end no scoop. I also run 9" tires as that's all I'm allowed to run. It's fun trying to fit inside the NHRA box but frustrating at times. NSS is also an awfully fun thing to run! I don't think I added a dang thing to this thread other than my opinion. Carry on....

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/22/12 12:35 AM

Quote:

This has turned into quite the interesting thread. I chose to run stock eliminator with one of these cars because I have always wanted too. The flat hood is part of the rules for me even though I run the high compression version, steel front end no scoop. I also run 9" tires as that's all I'm allowed to run. It's fun trying to fit inside the NHRA box but frustrating at times. NSS is also an awfully fun thing to run! I don't think I added a dang thing to this thread other than my opinion. Carry on....

Beautiful car Jon!

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/22/12 12:46 AM

Massive 7" Atlas Bucrons.

Attached picture 7430233-scan0012.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/22/12 01:20 AM

Ron,no offence taken. I just want to go a little quicker than the old style motor can take me. I did make sure I have enough firewall clearance for a cross ram.I faked the interior the best I could. Dizuster made the seats,18 lbs each with floor brackets.

Attached picture 7430287-2011-05-05_12-27-41_726.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/22/12 01:25 AM

Retaining the push button with cage in the dash took some rework.

Attached picture 7430300-racecar727.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/22/12 01:27 AM

This part was easy

Attached picture 7430305-racecar734.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/22/12 03:21 AM

Quote:

BTW, the pic was taken before I made any modifications what so ever to the car.

I am not trying start a wizzing match with you but having seen countless original air cleaners from these cars over the years, all black, and not a single exception, I still doubt they were original. That said anything was POSSIBLE with Chrysler, just not likely in this case.

Maybe the dealer painted them, or maybe your memory has faded? IMO either is a possibility.

You said it yourself that you hadn't made a SINGLE modification to the car when that pic was taken? What about the fuel lines that show in the pics? Those aren't stock, or they are at least modified or insulated. The date of March 1964 on the photo edge is also evidence that the car had been around a year or more when that pic was taken, you didn't change a thing for the first year or more of ownership?
Posted By: hemidup

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/22/12 04:35 AM

Quote:

Gus

Still run with cast iron, hand ported K heads. Anyone else in NSS/A running those?
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/22/12 04:59 AM

To nudge into this thread, A good source here in New York who knows early Max Wedge and Hemis very well beyond the average has said to me that at one time, chromed air cleaner lids for the Maxie's were available over the counter as part of dress up kit from their Hi-Performance wing.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/22/12 05:12 AM

You mean like these? (these are from a VERY early 1962 era 413 pre production engine, may not have even been a real/running engine, notice the solid expansion plug holes on the intake).

Attached picture 7430657-4131962.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/22/12 06:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

BTW, the pic was taken before I made any modifications what so ever to the car.

I am not trying start a wizzing match with you but having seen countless original air cleaners from these cars over the years, all black, and not a single exception, I still doubt they were original. That said anything was POSSIBLE with Chrysler, just not likely in this case.

Maybe the dealer painted them, or maybe your memory has faded? IMO either is a possibility.

You said it yourself that you hadn't made a SINGLE modification to the car when that pic was taken? What about the fuel lines that show in the pics? Those aren't stock, or they are at least modified or insulated. The date of March 1964 on the photo edge is also evidence that the car had been around a year or more when that pic was taken, you didn't change a thing for the first year or more of ownership?

Everything you see in the color engine pic - fuel lines ( I did wrap them with insulation tape), fuel filters, air cleaner lids, battery location, exhaust manifolds, were as it rolled off the showroom floor Scott. Only changes I made at that point in time was the gear and tires. Wish I could share some better pics with you, but ----. Car ran low 13's / high 12's as you see it with a T33 3spd. Converts were heavy. As you said, anything was possible from the factory back then, but my memory still serves me relatively well. It was a strange combination ( engine, body ) even for that time. I might add, it is the only Sport Fury body ( with all the trimmings)that I have ever seen that didn't come with front bumper "bumperettes". Again, thats how it came. After being fulley restored, it now has black air cleaner lids and bumperettes. Guy must have consulted you on the resto?

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/22/12 06:08 PM

Now you all have me wondering something. Were the Atlas Bucron tires a treaded street legal tires ? I mean did they look like any normal street tire from back then but made with softer stickier rubber ? I have never seen one at all or a close up pic of one. Thanks , Ron

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/22/12 06:25 PM

They were street legal. Very soft compound. Had two grooves running the circumference of the tread surface, and many sipes (small cuts) cut in to the tread surfice - and you could get them in "wide whites" - if I remember correctly

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/22/12 06:53 PM

Quote:

They were street legal. Very soft compound. Had two grooves running the circumference of the tread surface, and many sipes (small cuts) cut in to the tread surfice - and you could get them in "wide whites" - if I remember correctly

Thanks Crizila. Ron
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/22/12 08:05 PM

If memory serves me; Atlas tires were purchased from your ESSO dealer. I mounted tons of them back in the day.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/23/12 01:42 AM

Quote:

After being fulley restored, it now has black air cleaner lids and bumperettes. Guy must have consulted you on the resto?

No, I didn't help them in any way with the restoration, but I did spend many hours going over it in the ICCA judging booth at the Vegas Mopars At The Strip Show.

Attached picture 7431563-63FuryMaxWedgeConvertible.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/23/12 02:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

After being fulley restored, it now has black air cleaner lids and bumperettes. Guy must have consulted you on the resto?

No, I didn't help them in any way with the restoration, but I did spend many hours going over it in the ICCA judging booth at the Vegas Mopars At The Strip Show.

Sadly, I was there in 09, but for Saturday only. Couldn't make it to the 2010 show. Raced there in 2011 ( of course the car wasn't there that year ) - so I haven't actually seen the car since I sold it to the second owner in 1968. Strange that the person(s) that did the restoration never tried to contact the original owner ( me), although they did contact the third owner because some of the pics that they presented at the 09 MATS show I sent to the third owner ( how I ran in to the 3rd owner is a story unto itself - totally by coincidence ). Probably a good thing that I wasn't consulted as they surely would have gotten dinged for orange air cleaner lids and no bumperettes. Wonder if they ever questioned how the damage occured to the inside of the right frame rail? I to your expertise on those early max cars Scott, but you are still wrong on those air cleaner lids.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/23/12 04:08 AM

It had more wrong with it then than it does now, at the time it had a 64 engine in it. I hear it's since been replaced with a proper 63 version (back when it was sold at Russo Steele a couple years ago). As far as being wrong on the air cleaners goes, I have zero problem admitting I am wrong about something, it's happened before and it'll certainly happen again.

However.....Concerning the orange air cleaners there's no solid proof (a single photo of a car that was over a year old when taken, while interesting and invites question, is not solid evidence) either of us is right or wrong.

You're recollections as the original owner certainly have merit, however the preponderance of evidence that black was the only color, and lack of other exisiting original orange examples, bodes well for my take on black being the only color.

Posted By: 64Post

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/23/12 04:57 PM

Quote:

I to your expertise on those early max cars Scott, but you are still wrong on those air cleaner lids.

John, one thing you have to remember about restoring these cars is the phrase “consistent with production standards.” Orange lids aren’t consistent with production standards and will cost points in judging.

Your car may have been delivered to you with orange lids but shipped to the dealer with black lids. Stuff happens along the way.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/23/12 07:09 PM

And I'm still waiting for the "little old lady from Pasadena" to weigh in!

R.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/23/12 07:24 PM

With all this talk about what color the air cleaners were on a max wedge, I dug out the pictures of my uncles new 63 Dodge Max Wedge, and the border on the picture is dated JUN > 63, and that is when it was developed, not when it was taken. His air cleaners are chrome--intake is aluminum--battery in front. You can see how all the heater hoses , choke cable etc. etc. are ran. It's a cool picture that I have kept in the drawer for years.
Posted By: Barnstorm

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/23/12 07:31 PM

Granny says her's came with the gold oval ones
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/23/12 07:57 PM

Quote:

Doug I love that car. Post more pics and info on it.

Attached picture 7432362-440SSoldschool.JPG

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/23/12 08:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I to your expertise on those early max cars Scott, but you are still wrong on those air cleaner lids.

John, one thing you have to remember about restoring these cars is the phrase “consistent with production standards.” Orange lids aren’t consistent with production standards and will cost points in judging.

Your car may have been delivered to you with orange lids but shipped to the dealer with black lids. Stuff happens along the way.

10-4 on that.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/24/12 11:53 PM

Can you post on here the pictures of your Uncle's Dodge?
Posted By: poppaj

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/25/12 01:20 AM

I like to make them faster but stay on 10.5 tires.

Attached picture 7434018-b-1tunnelram.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/25/12 02:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

10-4 on that.

I disagree "consistent with production standards" is when you don't have any info as how it was delivered. This guy saw it with his own eyes and has a photo so he's right, not some self made "expert". How can you set there and call him a liar? Or should we call you guys GOD now. There have been plenty of mistakes come down the line and this won't be the last one.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/25/12 02:59 AM

Quote:

I would love to post the picture , but my knowledge of how to is limited on the computer. I have a hp officejet6110 all in one and have a satillite system. Hughsnet. I have tried before and failed to post a picture on this site before. Can anybody help me out? I just took a couple of the pictures of the pictures of the engine compartment and it is now in "My Documents". What's next?

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/25/12 03:08 AM

Quote:

I disagree "consistent with production standards" is when you don't have any info as how it was delivered. This guy saw it with his own eyes and has a photo so he's right, not some self made "expert". How can you set there and call him a liar? Or should we call you guys GOD now. There have been plenty of mistakes come down the line and this won't be the last one.

Well first of all YOU need to get your facts straight! nobody here has called themselves an "expert" (or GOD)and NOBODY has called the man a liar!

Concerning factory "mistakes" there were no regular production line red Max Wedge air cleaners to "mistakingly" install so how exactly would that mistake have been made? If you would actually read the entire content of all of the related posts you will get some detailed info. concerning the other possibilities (in both directions).

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/25/12 03:55 AM

I have been here from the start and YOU did call him a liar and i got the facts straight! You just can't admit you could be wrong. All you have to say is its possible period.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/25/12 05:49 AM

Quote:

I have been here from the start and YOU did call him a liar and i got the facts straight! You just can't admit you could be wrong. All you have to say is its possible period.

Sorry buddy, you are dilusional and need to get educated

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/25/12 05:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

10-4 on that.

I disagree "consistent with production standards" is when you don't have any info as how it was delivered.

Consistent with production standards refers to how the car built as it came down the line, not how it was delivered to the customer. How do you know the A/Cs weren’t installed by the dealer? How do you know John's car was built with orange A/Cs? (There were no option codes for colored A/Cs, so there weren't multiple parts bins to pick from.)

Which examples are consistent with production standards, 1195 plymouths built with black A/Cs or 1 built with orange A/Cs?

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/25/12 06:13 AM

Do you call the one orange ac wrong to justify all the black ac so they are all valued the same? Sounds like its all about the money since you guys get paid for the expert advice and restoration. Can't have any confusion out there can we?

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/25/12 08:16 AM

"Papaj" your eng looks great but you would not say it looks like a correct real SuperStock eng from 65 or 64. That was one of my only points about this post. I think your eng looks awesome and if you wanted it to look closer to the 60's look sure you could paint it orange and add the V/C decals but its all in the owners taste. Thats basically what I meant about this post and please know I mean no disrespect to your awesome eng and car.

As for the orange air cleaner lids all I can say is to the best of my knowledge they came black out of the factory but I have seen many pics of chrome ones but never red. But if they came that way someone could have put them on or even painted the black ones somewhere in the factory or dealer.
It reminds me of the black 63 Sport Fury that a guy had restored and when they pulled the rear chrome pieces off someone painted under them.......can you dig it ? I am sure some guy at the factory must have had a little fun that day. Ron

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/25/12 04:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I would love to post the picture , but my knowledge of how to is limited on the computer. I have a hp officejet6110 all in one and have a satillite system. Hughsnet. I have tried before and failed to post a picture on this site before. Can anybody help me out? I just took a couple of the pictures of the pictures of the engine compartment and it is now in "My Documents". What's next?

If you can send me the pic (s) I would be happy to post them for you.
On the air cleaner lids, lets all be nice please. It's no big deal and Scott is for sure the expert here. If I was going to show the car I would have done the resto in black also, regardless. As was said, it's been a loooong time since I owned that car - - AND I WANT IT BACK! BTW, I did find some 8 mm movies of that car that I took (some of the engine with orange lids). No date though and it was later in my ownership cause the car had fenderwell exit headers on it at that time.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/25/12 06:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you can send me the pic (s) I would be happy to post them for you.
On the air cleaner lids, lets all be nice please. It's no big deal and Scott is for sure the expert here. If I was going to show the car I would have done the resto in black also, regardless. As was said, it's been a loooong time since I owned that car - - AND I WANT IT BACK! BTW, I did find some 8 mm movies of that car that I took (some of the engine with orange lids). No date though and it was later in my ownership cause the car had fenderwell exit headers on it at that time.

Crizilla, I will get the engine compartment picture professionally copied , and send it to you by snail mail if you like. PM me an address you want it shipped to. One interesting thing that I noticed on this 63 Dodge was the cut bracing on this steel hood. It is cut like my aluminum hood. Were all steel hoods cut for the air cleaner clearance?
Posted By: Race&Resto

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/25/12 08:05 PM

Wow I can't believe all this smack talk about "what's the correct color of a max wedge air cleaner originally", really.
Posted By: 64hemi330sedan

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/25/12 08:51 PM

Quote:

Wow I can't believe all this smack talk about "what's the correct color of a max wedge air cleaner originally", really.

DITTO!.is this the race section?lol.

Attached picture 7434960-MEATMMWFALLBALLRACE.jpg

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/25/12 09:21 PM

Quote:

I think once the word ‘liar’ got tossed about the shizznit was off the chain...
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/26/12 12:32 AM

You say potatoe, I say.... lets work the whole thing out...

I've got the 1962 magazine with the orange covers on a 413 too.. So we know at least one set was out there.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/26/12 04:30 PM

Quote:

I've got the 1962 magazine with the orange covers on a 413 too.. So we know at least one set was out there.

Can you post the pic?
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/26/12 06:33 PM

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/26/12 11:35 PM

Quote:

Can you post the pic?

Even if he does post a pic from a magazine it's not going to prove they were ever built that way from the factory as regular production vehicles. Most magazine test cars were pilot cars, many of which had modifications and parts details (not all mods were made at the factory, but rather by the magazines or dealers that recieved them) that never made it into production.....Then there's the fact that he's talking about 1962 car, not a 63.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 10/27/12 01:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Can you post the pic?

Even if he does post a pic from a magazine it's not going to prove they were ever built that way from the factory as regular production vehicles. Most magazine test cars were pilot cars, many of which had modifications and parts details (not all mods were made at the factory, but rather by the magazines or dealers that recieved them) that never made it into production.....

Here’s a good example of a production engine with parts that never made it onto a production car. Going strictly by the picture, you’d think the manifolds were on every Stage III car built.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/19/12 02:17 AM

Quote:

With all this talk about what color the air cleaners were on a max wedge, I dug out the pictures of my uncles new 63 Dodge Max Wedge, and the border on the picture is dated JUN > 63, and that is when it was developed, not when it was taken. His air cleaners are chrome--intake is aluminum--battery in front. You can see how all the heater hoses , choke cable etc. etc. are ran. It's a cool picture that I have kept in the drawer for years.

and here is that pic.

Attached picture 7467349-63dodge.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/19/12 02:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

and here is that pic.

Grille bars are sprayed black in this pic, though, suggesting some mods had been done already.
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/19/12 04:09 AM

Would that car be a polara 500?

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/19/12 03:39 PM

I still can't believe this is still a topic.We have seen these in orange,black,chrome,non painted and even a set painted gold shipped from the factory on cars and to dealer parts rooms.As always with Chrysler you can expect anything on any given day,ie:Documented Hemi cars with no torque boxes and many other oddities.While working at a dealership in the 60s I ordered a dressup kit from Chrysler that comprised of chrome aircleaners,valvecover kit, and breathers"What say all the Gurus now"

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/19/12 04:59 PM

Quote:

I still can't believe this is still a topic.We have seen these in orange,black,chrome,non painted and even a set painted gold shipped from the factory on cars and to dealer parts rooms.As always with Chrysler you can expect anything on any given day,ie:Documented Hemi cars with no torque boxes and many other oddities.While working at a dealership in the 60s I ordered a dressup kit from Chrysler that comprised of chrome aircleaners,valvecover kit, and breathers"What say all the Gurus now"

Upon request, I just posted the pic for him.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/19/12 06:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you,I'am no expert or Guru,but still am of sound mind and remember things I see and touch.For a long time I had a set of orange ones that came off of Jim Ross's 63 Ply Maxwedge"Rumcharger" from Washington Pa. and a set of gold ones that came on my 62 413MW in the attic,they were given to NOS Jim,he may still have them.The Aluminium front 63 Dodge(Southern Comfort) I owned was the one that I bought the chrome ones for when I worked at HaynesSmith Dodge in Marion Illinois back in my youth.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/19/12 08:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you,I'am no expert or Guru,but still am of sound mind and remember things I see and touch.For a long time I had a set of orange ones that came off of Jim Ross's 63 Ply Maxwedge"Rumcharger" from Washington Pa. and a set of gold ones that came on my 62 413MW in the attic,they were given to NOS Jim,he may still have them.The Aluminium front 63 Dodge(Southern Comfort) I owned was the one that I bought the chrome ones for when I worked at HaynesSmith Dodge in Marion Illinois back in my youth.

Thanks for posting that! For a while there I was starting to second guess myself re; the - from the factory - orange air cleaner lids on my 63. At least one other person has owned a pair. I think I said that I have some old super8 film of my 63 engine with the orange lids - installed with the decals pointing towards the firewall.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/19/12 08:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for posting that! For a while there I was starting to second guess myself re; the - from the factory - orange air cleaner lids on my 63. At least one other person has owned a pair. I think I said that I have some old super8 film of my 63 engine with the orange lids - installed with the decals pointing towards the firewall.

Every now and then we common folks fire a shot at a lord or king and "BAM"we hit them right between the eyeballs. I can get a few others from the old days that owned and raced these car to and they can varify this,Tony G.where are you? he's older than me.Recently he reminded me that I once had a WO Dodge that I forgot about.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/19/12 11:36 PM

Thank you Crizilla for posting my picture and thank you BG for your info too. As a kid and around these max wedge cars at Pacemakers, Kil Kare, and Hyde Park , I remember the orange lids also and when they started repopping them in black, I fully expected them to be coming out with the orange variety also. They didn't.
Posted By: MFR426

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/20/12 12:10 AM

Wow we would really get bad mouthed for our air cleaners! Ha! Can anyone tell me what the base was made from? Ha! But at least our engine is all iron except the intake and valve covers! And Doug your car is gona look great when it's done! Keep up the good work! Look forward to seeing you again!

MFR426

Attached picture 7468583-BelvyatMM2012.jpg
Posted By: MFR426

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/20/12 12:17 AM

I don't know about that car beside your 65 and those 2 shifty characters your talking to! Ha!

MFR426

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/20/12 02:47 AM

Sorry guys, as I said before, those old pics are nostalgic and all but they don't prove a thing concerning them coming that way off the production line.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/20/12 04:46 AM

Unless you personly put the lids on at the assembly line then you can only go by what someone told you or you read.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/20/12 01:26 PM

Quote:

Sorry guys, as I said before, those old pics are nostalgic and all but they don't prove a thing concerning them coming that way off the production line.

So Scott,we must all take your word as the final fact and what I and many others who owned,raced and worked for Chrysler know from actual experience and knowledge are full of poo.I have kids your age,respect your elders.
Respectfully
Bob
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/20/12 06:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

So Scott,we must all take your word as the final fact and what I and many others who owned,raced and worked for Chrysler know from actual experience and knowledge are full of poo.I have kids your age,respect your elders.
Respectfully
Bob

Agreed ---- and I guess all the nay sayers actually did work on the production line and know this as fact

Like it is always said --- never say never when it comes to what Mopar has done. Pretty hard to look at any car today to say that when it was built 50 years ago you can tell what is/was original or not

Russ

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/20/12 09:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Respectfully
Bob

Agreed ---- and I guess all the nay sayers actually did work on the production line and know this as fact

Like it is always said --- never say never when it comes to what Mopar has done. Pretty hard to look at any car today to say that when it was built 50 years ago you can tell what is/was original or not

Russ

Russ,let me tell you about my factory fresh 69 Hemi Roadrunner that came with chrome door button on the drivers side and a black plastic button on the passenger side.Then there is always that infamous 1967 documented Hemi with no torque boxes or how about Jimmy Banes one owner(he bought new)11,000mile Hemi Satillite with 13/16 instead of 3/4 lugnuts.The stores are like the old TV show"The Naked City"from the fiftys that said "their are a million stories" as the byline
Quote:

I think I'll take a short break at the risk of pizzing of someone but admitt,I can be entertaining
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/20/12 10:08 PM

Only on a Mopar board...

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 12:29 AM

Quote:

Only on a Mopar board...

Actually, no. This type of thread is common to all makes. It's good info and interesting as long as it stays "friendly". As I have said, I am a long ways from an expert on max cars ( or any Mopar related resto stuff ). It aint my shtick. In the same breath, I clearly remember the day my Dad and I bought my 63 Max car from Grand Central Motors in Chicago. We originally went to look at a used 63 split window vette in their used car lot. My Dad wouldn't sign for it. Too racey and he thought I would get in to trouble with it right away. So we walked accross the street to the Chrysler showroom and this white 63 Plymouth Max wedge convert was sitting ( with the hood up ) in the middle of the showroom floor. He had no problem signing for it ( I was 17 or 18 at the time ). I distinctly remember the massive engine ( with orange air cleaner lids ). After $3700 ( I think ) was exchanged, I drove it home.
Posted By: Dago Red

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 01:04 AM

WOW! For a minute there I though posting this would be akin to sticking your head out of the foxhole.

This one's a "taint". Taint original, taint modern either.
It's the 1981 Keystones.

Attached picture 7470038-Max81Keystones.jpg
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 03:50 AM

At the end of the day, does any of this really matter? I mean, yea its interesting from a historical standpoint (and I'm all for preserving the history and building a car as correct as possible for a nostalgia class), but these were meant to be race cars-not museum pieces. I bet if you were to go up to someone who was there and ran these cars back in the day (and I know several) and whined that their air cleaners are the wrong color, they would point and laugh at you...if you were lucky. Bob, you've probably forgotten more than most of the people here know. I would hope that people respect that. Now, since this is a RACE forum, let's stop worrying about what a car show judge will deduct points for and get back to racing.

Rant off (this is why I don't go to car shows anymore).

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 04:06 AM

Quote:

At the end of the day, does any of this really matter? I mean, yea its interesting from a historical standpoint (and I'm all for preserving the history and building a car as correct as possible for a nostalgia class), but these were meant to be race cars-not museum pieces. I bet if you were to go up to someone who was there and ran these cars back in the day (and I know several) and whined that their air cleaners are the wrong color, they would point and laugh at you...if you were lucky. Bob, you've probably forgotten more than most of the people here know. I would hope that people respect that. Now, since this is a RACE forum, let's stop worrying about what a car show judge will deduct points for and get back to racing.

They were race cars. I raced the crap out of mine. Many are now museum pieces ( including mine), but I agree, this thread needs to - away.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 04:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

They were race cars. I raced the crap out of mine. Many are now museum pieces ( including mine), but I agree, this thread needs to - away.

Well this has been an interesting thread and it has almost been like a Sienfeld show about nothing really.One last thing though, just seen this picture on ebay and it is of Tom Hoover and 3 friends and they are proudly displaying a complete Max Wedge, air cleaners and all. Ebay Item number 370601894857

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 07:13 AM

You old farts (and this is coming from a 50 year old) must really like stroking each other?
Posted By: ultimatelenny

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 02:02 PM

Quote:

WOW! For a minute there I though posting this would be akin to sticking your head out of the foxhole.

This one's a "taint". Taint original, taint modern either.
It's the 1981 Keystones.

Wow , this brings back some memories. I remember when this pic was taken. Although I don,t have documented proof, this car was supposedly a factory car that was campaigned by the late Bill Jenkins and driven by Dave Strickler for the win at the 1964 Indy Natls. Many years later we rebuilt it and campagned it for many years as a SS/BA car in NHRA Div 1
Posted By: actionange

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 02:28 PM

Lenny
Who's the kid in the pic? Anyone you know or just a random fan?
And I have a copy of Super Stock & Drag Illustrated somewhere telling the story about Jenkins prior involvement with a pic of odometer showing low mileage- 16 miles maybe?
Posted By: ultimatelenny

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 03:54 PM

It may be Reds son (the poster), it goes back a ways. There was 3.3 miles on the clock. Lot of fun running that car, and it ran very well for it's time. The last 4-5 years it always finished in the top 10 in Winston points.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 04:11 PM

Quote:

You old farts (and this is coming from a 50 year old) must really like stroking each other?

Scott,like I said I have kids your age,and no we old farts don't like stroking each other,but I sure like stroking you since you feel that anything you utter is gospel.I think your "UDDERLY" redicious and like milking old cow,each stroke brings a smile to my face.Don't take offence to my comments,it's all in good humor and I do respect your knowledge at times but you need to man up when your wrong.If one guy sees a duck he could mistaken it for a goose,if 20 guys seen the duck and call it a duck then it's a duck.It may well be an orange,black or chrome one but a duck none the less.I tried hard to ignore the post but when it continued I just couldn't help but comment.
Anyway all is good humor and entertaining,have a great holiday.

Respectfully
Bob
Posted By: SportF

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 05:22 PM

Quote:

Wow we would really get bad mouthed for our air cleaners! Ha! Can anyone tell me what the base was made from? Ha! But at least our engine is all iron except the intake and valve covers! And Doug your car is gona look great when it's done! Keep up the good work! Look forward to seeing you again!

MFR426

Waffled aluminum as used on Naval ships for 01 deck and above bulkheads? Eh?

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 05:52 PM

Bob, respectfully.....No, you have me all wrong. Don't assume that I feel that I am uttering any sort of gospel when it's the furthest thing from the truth just because I choose to "put my head out of the rabbit hole" and debate a claim of originallity. What I'm trying to get accross (apparently which little success) is when someone, anyone comes to the table with an example of a detail that deviates from what was the production line "norm" that they should understand that it will be viewed with skepticism without producing rock solid evidence to back it up before it will be accepted as an actual production line variable or possibility. I am not, and would never say #1. That someone is a liar. #2. That it was impossible. #3. That it never happened. All I am asking for is some backup to prove the claims. Photos of cars back in the day, even if taken the day of delivery, do not provide that proof, especially with something so easy to change or modify.

Bottom line? MAYBE there were some Orange/Red/Chrome air cleaners put on at the factory, in fact if it happened that would be cool! But so far nobody here has posted enough evidence to make it indesputable.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 06:07 PM

Quote:

Bob, respectfully.....No, you have me all wrong. Don't assume that I feel that I am uttering any sort of gospel when it's the furthest thing from the truth just because I choose to "put my head out of the rabbit hole" and debate a claim of originallity. What I'm trying to get accross (apparently which little success) is when someone, anyone comes to the table with an example of a detail that deviates from what was the production line "norm" that they should understand that it will be viewed with skepticism without producing rock solid evidence to back it up before it will be accepted as an actual production line variable or possibility. I am not, and would never say #1. That someone is a liar. #2. That it was impossible. #3. That it never happened. All I am asking for is some backup to prove the claims. Photos of cars back in the day, even if taken the day of delivery, do not provide that proof, especially with something so easy to change or modify.

Bottom line? MAYBE there were some Orange/Red/Chrome air cleaners put on at the factory, in fact if it happened that would be cool! But so far nobody here has posted enough evidence to make it indesputable.

Ok,Scott,I admit I'am a liar,BSer and senile and your on a crusade to set the world right.I think you have been in your rabbit hole to long and have put that carrot in the wrong hole also.Your disatertion or diatrob only proves you can't admit your wrong and only further goes to show who you really are.Watch out for Almer Fudd,he may pop your head off the next time you it out of your "rabbit hole"you silly rabbit.
PS: I don't have you "all wrong" you prove to everyone who you really are".Buy the way my brother Tony said to tell you happy Thanksgiving and that he's having rabbit and carrots this year instead of turkey and taters.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 06:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ok,Scott,I admit I'am a liar,BSer and senile and your on a crusade to set the world right.I think you have been in your rabbit hole to long and have put that carrot in the wrong hole also.Your disatertion or diatrob only proves you can't admit your wrong and only further goes to show who you really are.Watch out for Almer Fudd,he may pop your head off the next time you it out of your "rabbit hole"you silly rabbit.
PS: I don't have you "all wrong" you prove to everyone who you really are".Buy the way my brother Tony said to tell you happy Thanksgiving and that he's having rabbit and carrots this year instead of turkey and taters.

Since this thread won't die, might as well throw another coal on the fire. http://s79.beta.photobucket.com/user/jcailey/media/MOV02234.mp4.html
Posted By: Pntastar69

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 06:46 PM

Quote:

Yesterday I was looking at the new Mopar Muscle as I grabbed it off the mag stand and read it while sitting at the Pharmacy waiting for my oxycodone refill.

What I'd like to know (op) is what does your oxycodone refill have anything to do w/the subject 64 SuperStock Dodge?

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 06:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Since this thread won't die, might as well throw another coal on the fire. http://s79.beta.photobucket.com/user/jcailey/media/MOV02234.mp4.html

Try stop frame This film has been altered ,the covers were originally pink. Lets all just bend over and kiss Scotts carrot reamed anal cavity.The rabbit has spoken.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 07:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Your disatertion or diatrob only proves you can't admit your wrong and only further goes to show who you really are.

I'll HAPPILY admit I'm wrong as soon as you prove it, so far you haven't.

Cool video, those fat rear tires and fenderwell headers factory as well?

BG, quit fantasizing about my anal cavity you freaking perv!

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 09:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Your disatertion or diatrob only proves you can't admit your wrong and only further goes to show who you really are.

Cool video, those fat rear tires and fenderwell headers factory as well?

BG, quit fantasizing about my anal cavity you freaking perv!

Scott,I'am not fantasizing about your "carrot infested butt".The only fantisizing going on is in that little head of yours.I don't have prove anything to you,just let everyone know the real facts that me and many others already know since we lived the mopar life then and now and give you a forum to show your distinguished characterization of "life according to Scott Smith".You should pen a novel and we can find it at the book stores under ficton.
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 09:47 PM

Quote:

Scott
Using your guidelines, it is not possible to prove beyond any doubt, that factory production line air cleaners were available in any color, including black from the factory. Unless you have something in writing from Chrysler, from back in 62 or 63 staing air cleaners will only be available in black and even then, anything you produce, someone else can take your stance and use your same argument and say not a real copy or it has been altered.
I worked for and raced Dodges back in 60's and 70's. Nothing was ever cast in stone during production. If they ran out of the required part, and they had something else that fit so they could complete the order and not old up the assembly line, it was put on the car.
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT TURKEY DAY.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 09:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Scott
Using your guidelines, it is not possible to prove beyond any doubt, that factory production line air cleaners were available in any color, including black from the factory. Unless you have something in writing from Chrysler, from back in 62 or 63 staing air cleaners will only be available in black and even then, anything you produce, someone else can take your stance and use your same argument and say not a real copy or it has been altered.
I worked for and raced Dodges back in 60's and 70's. Nothing was ever cast in stone during production. If they ran out of the required part, and they had something else that fit so they could complete the order and not old up the assembly line, it was put on the car.

Many or most all of us that have lengthy experience with Chrysler know that on any given order on any given day you could expect a surprise from Chrysler.I prepped new cars at the dealership in the early 60s and seen many oddities such as wrong trim,unsilanced air clearners,daul exhaust and small hubcaps on luxury models,the list go on.We even had a 383/4speed station wagon with maxwedge exhaust manifolds and the dump tube exhaust.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 10:10 PM

Lets be nice to scott. He was only 2 when the movie was taken. Happy day to all!

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 10:14 PM

Quote:

Scott

It's not "my" guidelines we are talking about. I'm the first one to admit that odd things COULD and did happen at the factory, but before calling any of those oddities fact, I look at the provable facts to back them up. Sometimes proving them fact never happens because of lack of evidence, and sometimes another example or two surfaces at a later time that matches and validates them, that's just the way it is.

When something was optional at the factory it was put in writing and offered to the customer. Does anyone have such documentation? If so it hasn't been posted here. Black air cleaner paint was standard, not optional, therefore as with most other production detail items you won't usually see it mentioned or listed in any kind of factory documention.

Does anyone have a single example of an original air cleaner that still wears it's factory paint job and decals in any other color but black? I have some black ones, what have you guys got to show? No, finding some OEM paint orange ones still wouldn't be solid proof that they were put on a car in production (vs over the counter, etc.) because you still couldn't determine for certain that it rolled off the line that way, but that would be a much more solid start than just a single example based on old pictures of a modified car taken months or years after being delivered.

I agree, Happy T-Day to all
Posted By: Dodgeguy101

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 10:48 PM

I have no dog in this hunt, but have to say, I doubt anyone that bought one of these cars, said to himself, need to take a picture of everything on this car so I can prove in 40 years, it was like this when I bought it.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/21/12 11:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Scott

It's not "my" guidelines we are talking about. I'm the first one to admit that odd things COULD and did happen at the factory, but before calling any of those oddities fact, I look at the provable facts to back them up. Sometimes proving them fact never happens because of lack of evidence, and sometimes another example or two surfaces at a later time that matches and validates them, that's just the way it is.

When something was optional at the factory it was put in writing and offered to the customer. Does anyone have such documentation? If so it hasn't been posted here. Black air cleaner paint was standard, not optional, therefore as with most other production detail items you won't usually see it mentioned or listed in any kind of factory documention.

Does anyone have a single example of an original air cleaner that still wears it's factory paint job and decals in any other color but black? I have some black ones, what have you guys got to show? No, finding some OEM paint orange ones still wouldn't be solid proof that they were put on a car in production (vs over the counter, etc.) because you still couldn't determine for certain that it rolled off the line that way, but that would be a much more solid start than just a single example based on old pictures of a modified car taken months or years after being delivered.

I agree, Happy T-Day to all

Give it a break Scott,you brought a knife to a gunfight.No one gives a rats or rabbits behind that they need to prove anything to you,What proof do you have that what you say is correct.By continueing to babble is just destroying you reputation and creditability.Haven't you embarrassed your self enough already.I enjoy sparring with you,but it's to the point that I feel your a hopeless case.Why don't you give us all the proof,facts and backup data to prove any or all of your statements,I await your responce.All we have from you to at this point is a bunch of doubble talk.Have you no self respect?
And on a serious note to you and everyone,this isn't funny or enjoyable any more,it's like kicking a crutch from under a cripples arm or the day you have put down "old Shep" to end his misery.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/22/12 01:27 AM

Hot Rod , Car Craft, Rod and Custom, Car and Driver would be good sources for info on this subject. Cahill the test drive would have been a good source too. Maybe pictures taken from the Ramchargers and many other teams. How about an original issue AMT model car box?

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/22/12 03:25 AM

Quote:

Give it a break Scott,you brought a knife to a gunfight.No one gives a rats or rabbits behind that they need to prove anything to you,What proof do you have that what you say is correct.By continueing to babble is just destroying you reputation and creditability.Haven't you embarrassed your self enough already.I enjoy sparring with you,but it's to the point that I feel your a hopeless case.Why don't you give us all the proof,facts and backup data to prove any or all of your statements,I await your responce.All we have from you to at this point is a bunch of doubble talk.Have you no self respect?
And on a serious note to you and everyone,this isn't funny or enjoyable any more,it's like kicking a crutch from under a cripples arm or the day you have put down "old Shep" to end his misery.

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/22/12 05:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yesterday I was looking at the new Mopar Muscle as I grabbed it off the mag stand and read it while sitting at the Pharmacy waiting for my oxycodone refill.

What I'd like to know (op) is what does your oxycodone refill have anything to do w/the subject 64 SuperStock Dodge?

The oxycodone has nothing to do with it as since I had about a 25 minute wait I was simply stating that I grabbed the mag from the newstand and read it while sitting there waiting for my oxycodone refill. It has nothing to do with the 64 Dodge not looking very Nostalgic. Ron

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/22/12 01:19 PM

I think this thread is done since Scott's only responce was a repeat of my last post.We will hold off Thanksgiving dinner waiting for his solid proof of fact for all his past and present utterences or udderances.There is no doubt that Scott is a great guy but he is caught up in his quest to be the ultimate authority in the Mopar archives that many of us were part of and that we have "first hand" knowledge off.Many of us have paid our dues and are deserving of a little more respect than just being called "old Farts"
To Scott,I apologize for being harsh on you,but you bring it on yourself.So throw out you neatly pressed buttondown shirts,creased dockers and 007 briefcase and join all of us in a great happy"Mopar Family"
Happy Holidays Everyone
From all at BGR

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/22/12 02:23 PM

Bob, you choose to ignore legitimate questions and turn a friendly debate into rediculous rantings and personal attacks on me and my reputation doesn't deserve any further reply from me, enjoy your day!

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/22/12 02:45 PM

Quote:

Bob, you choose to ignore legitimate questions and turn a friendly debate into rediculous rantings and personal attacks on me and my reputation doesn't deserve any further reply from me, enjoy your day!

True to your past performances nothing to back up your mouth.Crawl back in your "Rabbit Hole"This whole thread with your post should have been included in the story of "Alice in Wonderland"
You feel you need to have the last word will end nothing."Silence is golden and remember to be thought of as a fool is one thing to open your mouth will usually remove all doubt.
I have never attack you,I just told things that are real in the real world,that you choose to debate or refute me and many others was you error.I tried to keep it humorous and entertaining but you want to make it personal,so far Scott against the Mopar world,Scott-0,Mopar world-1.Stay seated in your corner and don't come out for round 2.We have all figured out your fight plan,you don't have one. And you are correct we don't need any further responce from you.To say I ignore your post is incorrect,I responded to them all and you ignore me and others.
Posted By: Dean_Kuzluzski

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/22/12 03:02 PM

You guys are bickering over something that can never be closed with a final determination.

As mentioned, Chrysler was known for build variances and shortcomings.

The supplier, the company that actually manufactured the parts, were the ones that most likely painted those aircleaners. And whenever they ran short of whatever color they surely would default to another readily available color to make the shipping date ($$).

And I assure you, the guy at the factory truely couldn't care less about what color they are and anyone that would think they'd take the time to paint them another color is certainly not clued in to that enviroment. They don't have the time or care about it.

Chrome would have more cost ($$) and was probably only used in advertising photos and/or available as a "dress-up" kit as mentioned. And could have been supplied to production if unpainted supplies were low.

The car in the Mopar Muscle magazine is nothing close to nostalgiac other than the bodystyle and wheels. The guy writing the article is who tried to stretch that to the wrong crowd. The owner built a nice car, but not a "day-2" deal. The writer needs a history lesson.

Posted By: tboomer

Re: 64 SuperStock Dodge ? - 11/22/12 03:06 PM

Guys...With all due respect,this thread has turned into nothing but a pissing match. It is done....Ted
© 2024 Moparts Forums