Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

what brand rod was it?
ARP 2000 bolts?

From what I recall talking with CHAPPER...I know that Scat SB Chevy rods were used. I don't recall what rod bolt's were used.

ARP #8740 bolts were used as that is the bolt supplied with them. Probably should have upgraded, but have used them without any problems in the past. I am still at a loss, as are others apparently, just where the oiling problem is. I would have to guess right now, that it is in the crankshaft. I KNOW all oil passages in block and crank were clean and clear upon assembly. All clearances were acceptable to my standards with previous motors. The 'previous motors' do NOT include a Gen 3 Hemi though. I can't imagine the clearances being hugely different on a Hemi versus a big or small block Chevy, small block Mopar, big block Mopar, etc. The blackened crank is what really makes me wonder just what is taking place in these motors at 7000+rpm.

its just a mopar rejecting GM parts

now back to reality i doubt that the rodbolts are the problem unless you just had some bad luck. i seem to remember a thread or post over on the other site fastmopar.something about an isue with the cranks when turning higher rpms.you might want to check it out over there,sorry to say i cant remember wish thread or even wish section it was in..

Correct there is a oil problem running a stock crank at high rpms' i forgot which journal or journals, but it was one of the middle rod bearings would lose oil at high rpms.

The fix is an aftermarket crank that drill the middle rod journals differently to help the oil flow.