Quote:

I am running one on my 440 dually I cant tell much difference on idle quality . It does start better and response seems better. I can definitely feel the difference pulling the enclosed trailer.
I was just looking the truck over today getting ready for Monster Mopar,the plugs look cleaner than I'm used to seeing in a street vehicle.
I had to pull a couple degrees of timing
out with it to get rid of some pinging under heavy loads.
Keith

to reply to gch, was thinking on say that but couldn't say better than this. I subscribe all these words. Like I said, REVS UP LIKE THE WIND

about pinging... I'm still in battle with this, BUT my engine is modified ( from 8.2 stock 400, to a 10.3 stroked 400, "more less quenched" ). I have tried allmost everything, being a novice in Performance and tune up world ( maybe I'm still missing something ) and IT LOOKS it could be the Spark Plug heat range ( running XR5s ).

Temporally made a test with an STP octane booster once and the pinging was gone. My engine was pinging starting at 2800-3000 RPMs or so going down in heigh from my city height, specially with load.

Pinging definitelly has nothing to do with ECU itself, since I have got same pinging with all boxes

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela