Quote:

It never ceases to amaze me how people feel the need to bash others.
If anybody feels my testing was misleading I apologize ,that was not my intentions .
For those of you that don't know,I originally started testing the ignition boxes with a pump gas 440. That engine Had a valve head come off and take a piston and its cylinder out.

After that,I pulled the engine out of my bracket race car so I could do some more testing.
The only reason I tested a stock type ignition box was because I had heard people say they would run as well as anything else available in a post on here.
To try and please all the people that are curious,I am getting a VERY mild 360 ready to show how it responds.
But yes,I do know racers that either have,or do run the MP boxes on bracket cars,that is what the testing was aimed at.
Hopefully this will clear things up a little.
Keith

I haven't bashed anyone, least of all you. The "misleading" part I'm refering to is the 40 and 50hp increase claims; based on all the data you and others have posted, it is (IMO) misleading to suggest that a typical street motor will see those gains simply by plugging in one of these boxes.

I am not suggesting that these aren't the greatest thing since sliced bread: as I said, I will probably buy one BUT I am a bit of a realist and I don't need to be a rocket scientist or own a Dyno to KNOW that I won't be getting any "50+ hp gain" by plugging in one of these wonderboxes.

The test that the manufacturer posted showing a 12hp increase on a stock 340, a 0.7 increase over a MSD7AL and a 2.7hp increase over an MSD6AL are very believable IMO as are the independent results noted by Dave Dudek. DD claims a 16hp increase over a stock box on what I assume to be a 600hp purestock Hemi; makes sense to me. As my motor is a 450hp motor and doesn't have the rev range that the Hemi has, I would expect much more moderate gains in the 5-10hp range.

I'm not questioning you, your honesty or your results; I just think people need to be realistic in interpreting them and how swapping the box might affect their particular setup.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]