Quote:

True. You can get a carb to be within a percent or two of an EFI, and at WOT they do tend to make mroe power than acomparable street injection. However, the big advantage of the efi is its learn on the fly adaptability over a wider range of conditions.

With that said though, I've never wanted to put one on my truck beause the payback over the carb I have tweaked within an inch of its life, is so long it would never really pay for its self in fuel savings.

BTW, the new Street Demon carbs are a bit of a hybrid AFB, Thermoquad design. You can get them with a polymer body, they use AFB rods and jets, they have small primaries with a 3 bbl design for the secondaries. Of course they will cost you some dough over swap meet stuff.

Hah! Yeah... i bet where you live and drive that it took some doing to get that thing sorted out. I'd be hesitant to shrug off all that work too...

Not that i can afford such things... but that new Holley with the all-black and the alum (???) body has all the tricks and none ov the weight as well...

I'm still surprised the 3-barrel idea wasn't taken further in performance circles.