Quote:

318 magnum will work, though I would want the block milled or new pistons for quench. Not sure how far 318 mag pistons sit in the hole but I'm betting it's past quench depth. 9:1 compression, reuse the stock cam/valvetrain, magnum manifolds or headers, LA spreadbore intake redrilled for magnum heads. I would get something in aluminum but similar to a stock intake, like a performer intake. A wideband o2 sensor would be a definite asset for tuning.

Do you have the 5-speed yet? Sounds to me like that 5-sp stick would set you back some decent coin. If the budget dictates, I guess you could go with a 904 with a 2.76 gear, or build it like a diplomat with a 2.21 gear or a A500 trans with something like a 3.55 gear.

No coin for a rebuild, or even a take-down/freshening. It'll be a junkyard gamble like everything else i've built. I was hoping the stock Magnums HAD quench... but i guess not huh?

I also dont like stock intakes, or stock-like intakes. I'd love a Street Dominator like the big block one... but i dont think the SB one is the same? So RPM it is. They bolt right on too.

As for the stick... i'll walk or drive a Vespa before i ever put an automatic in a muscle car again. That is the very reason why i've not daily driven one for years... all mine were autos. NEVER again! I dont care if it ran 10's and got 35MPG.

The Keisler T45 kits were pretty cheap, IF they ever made it to market. Possibly a junkyard set-up with adaptor? not sure yet... but there are ways to NOT spend 4K on an OD stick these days...