Quote:

I've going that route for my car. It's not cheap, even with used stuff. The transmissions aren't the cheapest thing out there. I'll need to hang a hydraulic clutch, the conversion bellhousing is over 500 bucks itself, have to cut the torsion bar crossmember and floor to fit it, in stock form the transmission has no provisions for a mechanical speedo output. Have to fab my own mount, etc. There are a lot of issues to deal with. I bought the trans for 500 bucks, but I'm sure I will have at least 2k into it by the time it's done.

But that's still $2k cheaper than any Keisler kit out there, plus you're getting that extra overdrive gear. And as far as I know, no one has officially released a drop in 5-speed transmission. The last I heard, Passon Performance was still waiting for bearing (I think) that were on back order, and even then they're price was around $4k or so. So if you're going to cut up the floor (assuming you'd have to cut up the floor with the T45 which Keisler is kind of shady at explaining on their website), why not get the 6-speed in there? That's what I'd do anyways.