every day is a personal challenge for me! here's two that stick w/ me:

1. installing a retractable seatbelt setup from Juliano's into my 70 swinger. it requires you to redrill/open up the hole in the mounting point box on the roof. im drilling away, using about a 1/2 inch bit, when the drill binds up. i stop, stretch my hurting wrist a bit, then hammer down again. well, the the bit becomes unbound, and pulls itself uncontrollably up towards the roof! i let of the trigger, but it still pulls up enough to put a small dimple outward into the roof of my fresh, sublime paintjob. i was sick to my stomach. i packed up and didnt go back into the garage for a week! the dimple is still there, it kind of spider webbed the clear coat, but there's no hole. it's one of those things i would have to point out to someone, but haunts me everyday!

2. slam-bamming my 68 cuda 4 spd car together(hillbilly rust bucket), for a jaunt around the neighborhood with some friends. saturday night, 19 years old. had just put a new fuel line, sending unit and tank in. the car had open headers, no insurance, no tags, no lights ect. really, missing the whole front except fenders. anyway, we need gas. we go to the filling station, shooting flames out the headers the whole way there! we, of course put sunoco 94 in the tank, since it was a race car and all with it's 318! i get about 8 gallons or so in there, and start seeing gas pouring out from under the car! so, we freak out, try to start the flaming header machine to get out of there! thank god, the car wouldnt start. we pushed it 2 miles back home, in front of all the people we were hotrodding past on the way there. feeling like total idiots. when we got home, i had to drain and drop the tank. one buddy volunteers to siphon with garden hose. it worked, he was sicker than a dog though. found out the leak was that stupid lockring and gasket on the gas tank. i hate that design!

1970 340 swinger. sublime
1967 barracuda fastback BB
55 Plymouth Project