Okay my turn.

Back in 1983 I owned a 74 Challenger that I bought from a co-worker for $40.00 it was a beater I drove in the winter. Anyway it was about 65% rust could not put anything into the trunk because if you took a turn anything that was in the trunk would fall out the sides because they were rusted away. Anyway you get the picture. This car had only one redeeming quality a 318 that could lay down 50feet of rubber and smoke. I worked at a grocery store that had some other shops in it in the same strip mall and one of the stores in the mall used those plastic shopping carts. One evening we get out of work from the grocery store late and all the stores in the mall were closed. My buddy and I hop in the challenger and we started home. Driving through the empty parking lot was a lone plastic shopping cart sitting there all by itself. Well I point the Chally at the cart and get up a nice head of steam and at about 60 mph I nail this cart dead on. Well all we saw after that was an explosion of plastic and metal. Slow down and circle back around and all that was left of the cart was the metal frame all twisted and bent and plastic bits everywhere in a 30ft radius of impact. My buddy thought I was going to play chicken with the cart and nearly crapped his pants when we nailed this cart at 60mph.

Needless to say for weeks after there were several dead shopping carts left in the parking lot until the store that owned them started doing a better job of collecting there carts at the end of the day.

Also those carts did absolutley no damage to my challenger, not that you could tell anyway but thats a testament to old iron.