Quote:

Quote:

The keisler transmission is basically just a GM small block rwd/overdrive transmission. They rebuild em to take some hp. There are some members on here who've installed the chevy transmissions without buying the keisler kit.

Also keep in mind, the overdrive ratio on the gear vendors is basically .8 where the GM transmission and mopar overdrive transmissions are .7 4th gear ratio. Plus those numbers into a calculator like this one and you'll see that makes a sizable difference.

http://vexer.com/automotive-tools/speed-rpm-calculator

I am still debating these options and have also learned that the GM trans has a much higher first gear ratio. It is also completely electronic, so it could be run in full auto even though I don't have a kick down option. Is the taller first gear (3.06 vs 2.45 in a 727) a benefit or an issue?

well, a 727 with 4.10's out back has an overall first gear multiplication of 10.05 (2.45*4.1)...which is the same overall multiplication as a 4l60E with a 3.28 rear (10.05/3.06)....IIRC OD is .73, so if you used a 3.23 rear with a 4L60E, first gear acceleration the same as a 4.10 with a 727, but OD cruise would be the same as a 727 with a 2.36 rear end....

for a heavy car, I'd think it's a benefit.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)