Quote:

trying to picture what you did...so you cut an entire rotor down so it became your new 'hub'? have pictures at all?

That's exactly what I did. I was going to use drum brake hubs but mine disappeared, probably to the recycler.

No, I don't have any pics. I'm really bad about getting carried away in the garage. Unless I make a real effort to take photos I will move right along from one step to the next without stopping. Call it Mad Scientist Syndrome.

Quote:

if you wear out a rotor, what do you have to do? grab a new one out of the box and bolt it on? or do more lathe work?

When the rotors need replacing, I will have to chuck another one on the lathe and open up the register. I can tweak the lug holes by hand. No machine work is needed.

The Mercedes use a 5 on 112 mm spacing with 14 mm lug bolts. The Belvedere has 5 on 4.5" (114.3 mm) spacing with 1/2" (12.7 mm) lugs. The spacing works out pretty close. Not much work is needed there.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon