Here's the type of spindle I'm working with...That's not mine BTW I just found the picture... Just sayin.

So anyway those rear mounting points are what I am dealing with in my case. I am not changing to the late spindle. I am working with these.

Mount center-to-center measurement is 4.5 inches IIRC (correct me if I'm wrong anyone), or about 114.3mm. I think that's the lug spacing too come to think of it. Hope I'm not confusing off the top of my head.

So those are the confines of what I will be working within to make a bracket set for me and is what dictates the caliper I need. I need to do a little more research. I see places like wilwood have good detailed specs on their stuff which will help me choose a weapon.

I could totally spare myself some work by going to the late model spindle indeed for which people make brackets, but I dont want the same thing everyone else has. The whole name of the game with my truck was to break all the "rules" and try different things.

BTW Oz, Thanks for all the information and great pictures. You're always very helpful.

6831215-viper3.jpg (169 downloads)