Quote:

Any chance of sorting out why it happened? from the way its described possibly a needle/seat issue or a fuel reg let the carb overflow...

The early build Holley Volumax regulators (pictured earlier) had a design flaw that would let the ball/spring assy pop out of the aluminum housing and would flood your carb like a water hose. I had a failure and my dad that runs the same fuel system on his Duster, also had a failure. Both occasions happened in the pit area, but both time we were very fortunate that we didn't ignite the amount of fuel that was poured over the engines. Holley replaced mine for free and the speed shop where my dad purchased his replaced it. I had actually "rigged" my broken one by drilling and tapping two holes and held the spring/retainer in with two screws. The new replacement regulators had this done to them already. Don't mean to hi-jack this post, but if you run this style regulator by all means, remove the four bolts holding it together and be sure the brass retainer with the ball/spring assy under it is held in with two screws.