Thats simply just amazing to watch. I cant believe what I am witnessing there. Some of you know, some dont I am sure, but I am the Chairman of the Board for a 50 year plus running dragstrip here in New York. Due to a State Supreme Court order, ( and a bunch of liberal home owners) we are only able to race on Sundays at our track do to local ordinances. As you can imagine, that puts quite a bit of financial pressure on us. The money a track makes is all in the test and tunes, fun nights etc. Race days with all the expenses are NOT the money makers contrary to what people believe. That being said, with our one day a week income, we still have a fully prepped 200 gallon foam equipped fire truck, seperate EMT vehicle, and a full staff of EMTs and personnel that are trained in using the fire truck. We also have extinguishers on the starting line, and observation man at 1/4 mile, and 2 EMTs in the fire truck at the turn off along with at least 4 fire extinguishers, and one large one at the early turn off. Witnessing what I did on this video is incredibly disturbing. There is no answer other than the owner simply NOT CARING.

And for all the golf cart vultures and ambulance chasers....STAY OUT OF THE WAY! All you do is impede the saftey staff and rescue personnel...and quite simply...get in the way!. There is nothing you can do unless you are trained EMT or rescue person...and in fact..you make things worse.Please...please....stay out of the way.

Race tracks right now are having a very difficult time surviving in itself. I would never suggest suing a race track, as it could easily close the only place many people have to race. I WOULD in this case request a meeting with the owner, bring the video, and start some dialogue. Agin, this is a total lack of saftey and certainly concern for his racers. If you choose to race at a facility like this, then shame on you.

I'm glad the driver is ok...thats what is important at the moment.

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.