There are lots of tracks that do not have personell on top end. We all race them anyway. Until something like this happens we generally don't even question it. My issue with Motor Mile is they really seem to have it together. All the way up to having a parked fire truck on top end. You really feel like you are racing somewhere when you race this track. WHAT A HORRIBLE DISSAPOINTMENT!!!

Nitrous alone will not burn. Whatever was burning will burn better with the help of nitrous. This also adds to the small fire system or fire extinguisher would not stop the fire. I guess hindsite 20/20 cut the bottle off while you are cutting electricity.

I also carefully watched the starting line. Although Mike's bird legs distracted my view(had to say it because I got em too) there was nothing I could see leaking from the car. Something most have broke. Like a nozzle or fuel line. I assume the nitrous line comes up from the firewall and not the front of the engine. If I remember correctly the fuel is regulated at the front of the engine on this car. Was there a recent tuning change on the nitrous? The engine bay in this car was always imaculate. So I am as surpised as anyone that a fire got started. After all the heat the fittings are all loose. Just can't see a loose fitting pre the solenoids causing this as the car did not drip a drop. Possibly loose nuts on the fogger nozzle. Seen this many times with no fire. I guess anything could cause enough spark to start the fire.

Hey guys look at it this way lifted at around 4.8 seconds. Maybe a looze nozzle and the car still ran 5.27 in terrible air. Just do a big fist pump and say it was on a pass. Be reasonable with the track and maybe get free admission for life and some help. Be glad you are still healthy and alive. And maybe Motor Mile will realize they dodged a huge bullit. No one is dead because of their neglegence and they will be better prepared in the future. I feel they owe you something. As far as legal action the lawyers will be the only winners.

There is no doubt the fire truck was misleading. Don't see how they can weazle around that one.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.