Uknow what really bites on this deal. This track does an awesome job prepping the track. They seem to be one of the better facilities. I fealt that they were on top of things. Man, a desperate hope of a fire truck. No one there. Hey I can start it and use it myself. Nope don't run. Probably no water on it either.

This track has taken collections up for people in bad accidents. I'm sure no collections for blowed motors or trannies. But, there is no question the damage could have been minimized if the track had been better prepared. Something failed on this car. It is part of racing but, like said, if there is not going to be anyone to aid in your personal safety why have belts cages or anything. Screw it just take the chance. Looks like the track did.

Everyone talks fire extinguisher or fire system. Halon would have cut the blaze. Providing there was no heat and gas to fire up again that is a fix. A fire extinguisher if found and used quick enough may have saved some material. Once that glass hood was on fire neither would have put it out. Just too hot. Nothing would have beat a man in a working fire truck to meet you at the turn and very possibly save your life.

Donald is furious as everyone would be. The first thing he did was thank God for saving his life and helping him keep his cool and not killing anyone that was trying to film his car burning. I always liked Donald from the first time I met him in 94' when he towed my wifes car for us early one morning. I'm sure he will get through this. Mike also had a lot in this car. These guys really took a hard blow. We all suffer with racing from time to time. Sure hope they can get through this one.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.