Thanks for all the kind words and support, Mike and myself appreciate it. The car made a move toward the center line just before the mph cone and I had to lift, as I took my eyes off the tach I noticed the flames at the carb. I lifted at 4.8 sec into the run and shut off everything at approx 5.5 that included ignition, fuel pump, fan and water pump. I cranked the starter trying to suck out the flames, I then noticed it looked like the flames were coming over the front of the carb instead. I slowed the car and turned toward the fire truck while reaching for the fastener tool to remove the hood. As I came to a stop the flames immediately came up over the windshield and roof blacking the windshield, at this time the smoke became unbearable and I abandoned the thought of removing the hood and got out as fast as possible. I agree I should have had a extingsher although I probably would not have had time to remove it and I don't think it would have done any good unless the hood was off and I could have gotten to the source of the blaze. The 25lb NOS bottle is empty and that I feel was fueling the blaze.

Donald