IMO the top loaded purses are whats killing racing. Leave the winner take all crap to the 10.5 guys. I see more and more promoters doing this deal where the top two guys get a reasonable amount of cash and the semis barely get their entry fee back. Seriously??? You want people to travel to your race, go 6 or seven rounds and get $25 more than their entry for making it to 4 cars? Do the math on that or the grammar for that matter. The writing is on the wall guys. This crap has gone on for so long that the only guys still running their cars at these races are the ones that believe they can show up and get it done. I am not picking on the MoPower guys cause I support their events that are close to me and they put on a show that I enjoy coming to. That being said, they are guilty of the above. And dont even get me started on the mockery of a payout that is the Pro class at the Mopar Nationals!!!! Really??? You want people to pay $115 at the gate and you are only paying $100 to make it 4 cars. Oh and now its pro-rated too??? Monster Mopar was the epitome of a great paying race all the way down the ladder. Thats why everyone came back every year. Now we lost Gateway and I understand Josh being a bit hesitant. The reason that they had that great payout was because of sponsors. The sponsors will only give you money if you get the racers and spectators there. You wont get that without giving them a reason to come. I can sit around eating brats with my buddies in my back yard and it dont cost me $15.

Last edited by Irun6snd8th; 07/06/11 10:50 AM.

AFCO, Rons Fuel Injection sponsored Dodge Challenger Mention Street Lethal Motorsports