This is not sounding too good to me, especially the part about yours not needing any grinding to fit. Yah, I'm p.o.'d now that 'own' the starter. Had to hog out part of the block which left me feeling queasy and then some shaving on the starter itself. All this bs started because my $40 Autozone rebuilt wouldn't crank when hot. So in went a late 90's truck starter from a yard. To make that fit is when all the hogging started. It wouldn't engage so it got returned thinking it was a bum unit. Rather than deal w/another junkyard unit, Iwent to AZ and got the best starter they had. Turned over slower than my cheapo AZ starter so back that went and Idecided to stop playing games and buy a brand new mini starter. Was very dissaponted that it too had interference issuues and finally it too was not engaging. So, back to the original cheapo AZ cheapo rebuilt which is where I'm at now. In 45 yrs, a starter has never given me so much bs, This is rediculous. Not going to badmouth the Mancini starter because Inever heard anything bad about them so I'm figuring it's me. But from the replies so far, I'm starting to be concerned about the Mancini unit because Inow own that sucker.
BTW it's a 130T in a 10 1/2 housing.