WOW I think some filks need to learn a little more about what a delay box does. I think some folks might confuse a delay box with a throttle stop.

I think what JohnnyRotten posted would be accurate at most e very track in the country. When looking at average reation times from box to no box you will find the box cars have a distint advantage on the tree.

I dont know any electronics or .90 racer that does not work very hard on getting thier cars to react quickly, allowing them to run as much delay as possible. This will allow for any short comings in track conditions or set up from track to track, for those who travel. Believe me every track is different and we carry different amounts of delay from track to track and many times lane to lane.

Now to the question at hand. IMO at a Q16 race why exclude anyone? A delay box with crossover should be allowed, after all it is a Q16/32 BRACKET race. I think a footbrake Q32 race is not gonna be a real crowd pleaser as, no offense intended here but full of slower cars. My car runs ok but not sure I could qualify for a Q32 race around here.

BTW if having the box makes you that much better please feel free to put one in your car and come play. I always enjoy folks who think it makes you a better racer, I often wonder if they think that then why dont they put one in and come race. Box races usually pay a good deal more to win than no box so why race for less? Especially if adding one makes it easier, and thus makes you a better racer. Just never understood this mentality. I already can hear it, we didn't race that way back in the day. Electronics is cheating it aint racing blah blah blah. We will gladly welcome you with open arms. IMO the biggest difference you will find between box and no box is the MOV..

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"