Thanks to those who have responded. I went through about a dozen different logbooks that were lent to me by box/no box racers. Approx. avg for a no box was a .028 and the box was .014. I don't know how tough the competition is in different parts of the country, but there are at least a dozen guys here that go CONSISTENT doube oooooo's.
I consider myself a decent no box racer and if I go .020-.030 for 8-10 passes in a row before screwing up, I'm happy!! Myabe some magic footbrake guy can do better, fly'em out, I'll pay the expenses and let's go. LOL If delay boxes were not a HUGE advantage for consistency why do ALL super classes run them? Of the hundreds of big buck bracket races around the country I think I read about ONE being won by a footbrake racer. And as far as a transbrake and 2 step being an electronic devise, they have been par for the course out west for only 20-25 years or so. Even the street/sportsman/heavy class can run them. Sorry about the long post, and thanks again for the input.