After the race, I went to the tower to ask that they don't schedule the race on top of an IHRA race in April. I don't know who "authorized" the announcement, but Tim, the track manager, said that he was leaning to keep it on Memorial Day weekend because it's the "traditional" date and gives people extra time to get home Monday, especially the ones from far away. There were several people there from Cajun country, Tenn. and probably further out as well. But I am glad they plan to have it again regardless of the date.

It was good to see everyone again after missing 2009. I was hoping to meet up with Quicktree during eliminations, but he let his son drive. Maybe we can set up a match race next time! Handicap, of course.

The employees did a great job of keeping the track hooking in the heat. I don't know if anyone had a problem, but I run radial slicks and my '60 times were 1.50's and 1.51's all weekend, except for the first, early pass Saturday - 1.49x. Radials will spin sooner than bias ply under marginal track conditions.

Good job Chris. Hats off to everyone running both, the arm-drop and regular bracket program. That would have killed me and probably the car.

Got so wrapped up in the race that I forgot to ask for a photo CD from Stewart!

Anybody got more pics & videos?