Wow, Shawn, thank your wife for that great video for me

Had a great week end hanging with Woody's and Tony's clan. This was the first time since the 80's that my wife has attended a race with me. And she had a great time too.

We got home at about 8pm after driving through some of the worst thunder storms I've ever had to drive through towing a trailer. Holy crap was it bad. Got in, took a shower, ate and fell asleep!

The last month was a real struggle to get the motor back together with a couple of small setbacks but it finally paid off. I have to give 408dust (Kenny McCoy) a HUGE thank you for helping me with the motor assembly.

It was hot, humid and fun. Tony, when I was up in the tower getting paid, a man who I thought was the owner said he wasn't 100% sure they were gonna change to April. He said he liked the 3 day weekend. This was after they announced the change to April. I mentioned to him if he could maybe leave the air conditioning of the tower and go around and ask some of the racers what they wanted, he would find out that we all would like it sooner in the year.

Met a lot of great people. Some I've known for decades and don't get to see very often. And others just from this weekend. Tons of fun for me

The car ran awesome all weekend. Saturday I ran PRO foot braking the car. It was kind of a slug with the "T brake" set up on the Caltracs (lots of pre load). The car was running 6.52-6.56 in the heat. I couldn't do better than 1.45 60ft. I made it to the second round and then that storm that Russ posted a picture of ended things for the day. They split the pot and that covered entry for both days for me. Sunday I decided to use the Trans brake. The car responded with 1.40-1.43 60 ft times and ran a string of 6.48-6.50's all day. I dialed a 6.49 fist pass and was slow on the tree. Had to chase a 6.60 but couldn't catch him. Bought back and made it to the third round only to go red

Woody, Tony's son Justin, Garret Struck and myself were in the 16 car arm drop race. That black diesel truck was the fastest in the field running 6.45. This was the fist race I've ever won and I'm glad my wife was there to see it. Otherwise she wouldn't believe me

Congrats to Myron (Locomotion) for winning PRO. He's an animal I tell ya
DC