Quote:

Hey Guys,
I have attended each one of the last three events there. I remember the HOT one, the SMOKEY one, and the RAINY one.
I don’t have a car, I do not crew for anyone, nor do I go to sell anything. In fact, I GIVE STUFF AWAY. . I go because I bleed Mopar Drag Racing. To see the cars, to look thru the swap meet, to meet and talk to other Mopar Fanatics.
This year, I have paid for a vendor space - why? Because I want a place that has shade, a place I can sit down and park my cart. A place where anyone can stop by and shoot the breeze about Mopars. I still will not have anything to sell - but I will be giving pictures away, and have extra water to share.
It will cost me three days, have to drive 500 miles round trip, and lay out about $650.00 to attend this event. And I made a donation to the track to help, in some small way, to support this event so it will be there next year. Why? Because I love this sport, the people and cars involved with it, and the History of Mopar Drag Racing.
Like Myron says, if there are some small reductions in the event - so be it - at least we have a place to enjoy the company of like minded people.
Come race, visit, sell/purchase some needed part for your project. And remember to THANK THE GUY that is putting on this show. His name is Tim Fleming.

StewartP

I'm with Stewart on this one. I've attended the last 5 or so shows/races there and had a great time at each and every one. The first few times I just drove up to spectate and take in the show and racing. Last year I had my car in the show there, and came away with a trophy, although I didn't think my junk was worthy of one. I was hoping to get to take it down the track at least once this year, either during the test and tune, or was hoping they let the show cars do a lap as they have in the past. I may forgo that, as I haven't been behind the wheel at the strip in over 30 years. I'll the real racers have the limited time alloted for the test and tune session. I also go to support the Mopar hobby, and try to keep this venue continuing in the future. I was dissappointed to see that all of the racing will be eighth mile instead of the full quarter, but still looking forward to going.

Yeah, it's got a hemi........a REAL hemi.