Quote:

Yes, the key is intake velocity. Low velocity kills the torque and so does velocity that is too high. There is a direct relationship between the CID, CSA and the RPM of the torque peak called the McFarland formula.

I believe this is one of the key elements in PipeMax's calculations too. The problem with those formulas is they give a specific number for a specific rpm. Not a range. An rpm point. IMO, fo the rpms that Greg is curious about intake pulse/wave tuning could become an effective boost too. The smallest, straightest port with the largest intake valve that isnt shrouded will make the most torque provided it's volume is correctly matched to the stroke an rpm point of the desired result.
Mike (MM), I can't recall what the constant in the HP formula represents... Can anyone answer that one?

PS - FINALLY A REAL TECH DISCUSSION!!! UN would be so happy

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.