Quote:

I am kinda curious why you would build for torque, assuming a race or even a pleasure motor. If you look at all the torque and horse power figures, torque on a decent motor is always within about 10% of HP. When you get like a nail head Buick that makes 350 HP and 450 pounds of torque, or a diesel that makes 300 hp and 600 ft pounds, well that's either a failure to rev or something else wrong.
I have heard guys talk and say it’s the torque that moves the car. Well, would you want 10,000 pounds of torque at 5 RPM? I don't think so, it wouldn't get you anywhere. I'd like to hear other opinions on this, but if it’s a race motor, you want power, don't you? That equates to RPM's and torque put together. Build for horse power and the torque will come.

Build for HP and the TQ will come through really low gear ratios and high stall TQ converters, things that make a car less fun to drive. This is why I build big high TQ motors for the street so I don't have to multiply it back into TQ

What ever ones end goal is (especially in a drag car is) to put as much TQ to the rear wheels as possible you can get it through high RPM power being multiplied back into TQ or just plain big TQ. It is just that big HP seels motors.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!