SportF- Your logic is that spinning the motor higher will make more HP, but this is not true. Once the TQ curve drops faster than the math converts to bigger HP due to the increase of RPM, the motor has reached its peak HP and turning more RPM will not make more HP. On my SS Hemi, if I happen to make peak HP at 8000 RPM, turning it up to 9000 will definitely NOT produce more HP, the TQ curve is simply falling too fast. A motor under no load makes very little TQ. Most Dyno's are "water brakes", pretty hard to compress that water, and the "water always wins", loading the motor to its "stall point" prior to the operater "releasing" the water in a controlled manner to allow the motor to accelerate. In your previous post, you stated that most motors peak TQ production will be within 10% of peak HP, I have not found that to be true. My SS motor is closer to 40%, the last 572 I dyno'ed was around 15%, a stock 1970 rated 440-4V from the factory was 31%, a stock GS 455 motor was around 50%, the last 505 Hemi I dyno'ed was 20%.........

Be a Rebel- Break the Laws of Physics!