Quote:

Without considering HIS.

are you kidding me??

I would not post anything if I were not considering HIS... Unlike some here I don't post just to here myself talk.

my car runs 8.26, Al's car runs 8.2x
my car weighs 2850, Al's car 2900+
I run 33" tire 4.30gear and glide, Al's car runs 33" tire 4.30gear? and glide, etc...
do you need more??

Quote:

I guarantee your converter wouldn't go anywhere near 6400 behind Al's engine.

well here it is. Our engines make EXACTLY the same amount of torque although at slightly different rpm. Don't believe me? see below

So please, in your infinite wisdom of Hughes convertor's tell me how you would "guarantee" his would not stall close to the same as mine?
You have offered NOTHING of value to Al's post. You did take the time to shoot down my recommendation that was purely based on data. Not billybobjoe's cousin's opinion of somebody else's convertor.

If Al goes with Hughes they will get him the right convertor. No it may not be a gm95016sc but it will be damn close...

I am done here. If I post a recommendation you can bet it is based not only on technical data but first hand R&D that has probably cost me thousands of dollars to aquire. Read my post on Santhuff shocks and you will see. No opinion just the facts which I think finally got thru Al's thick skull.

Of course now we find out that the IC data was bogus. Not even in left field it was out of the park. Get it back within reason and should see some short time gains if he don't break the wheelie bars. Then get a convertor with better lock up down low like the one I mentioned...

5532109-555dyno.JPG (32 downloads)