Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't get on here and laugh at you because you like that (until now).......

I don't get-on-here much and THANK people for a post .. but I will do that right-now ... I needed a GOOD .. before hitting the hay.

Was it Hot Rod mag that had a yearly shoot-out in Memphis that featured FAST street-cars ?

Their "rules" were fairly short-and-sweet ... but one of the first ones was pump-gas-only.

Now is you think a true street-car should be "allowed" to use available-at-the-track-only race-gas ..... then you are a can or two short of a six-pack.

AGAIN, in the examply YOU used, what octane was Jimmy running in his GTX??? I bet it wasn't 91.........

So what??? Who made Hot Rod "God"??? That's their sand box, so they can make their rules........

What do you say to me driving 8 hours round trip on race gas in a car with more than 12.5 to 1 compression??? Is my car not a "street car"?.....Did I not drive it far enough? ......Even an open chambered 383 or 440 can't be hammered on with pump gas with stock pistons, so ALL of the muscle cars Mopar built aren't "street cars" anymore???

My Max Wedge and A12 cars were built that way at the factory and they're 100% bone stock......so just because times have changed and good fuel is no longer available at the pump, it's no longer a "street car"??? give me a break!

Why are you trying to force your views onto other people???

Quote:

Obviously we have established that there is a difference between a street car and a street legal car.

I don't see anything established yet

So, you're saying my A12 car is a "street legal" car and not a "street car" because it came from the factory with 4.10's, no A/C, over 10 to 1 compression with no quench, and a huge scoop making me not want to drive it across country and it not being able to run at WOT without good fuel in it???

What is my car??? please tell me, so I can sleep at night.......

Basically what I was getting at was a street legal car is a fully inspected car and a street car is what the owner can tolerate.

Ryan "Bigs" '73 Duster (BLKDUST) - Black, 100% factory sheet metal, flat hood, 346 cid, J Heads, and a bench seat. http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/bigsbigelow/ Best to date: 12.40 @ 109 mph