Moparts

Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ??

Posted By: SRT6776

Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/03/09 10:55 PM

Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 10/03/09 11:12 PM

Post deleted by Defbob - 10/03/09 11:14 PM

Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/03/09 11:14 PM

Quote:

he's trying to sing an elvis tune but he's no longer on moparts.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/03/09 11:44 PM

Mine's not the fastest, but it'll go 9.50s at 140 mph on motor. CHIP

Attached picture 5522925-cudasmall.jpg
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/03/09 11:47 PM

Quote:

Mine's not the fastest, but it'll go 9.50s at 140 mph on motor. CHIP

thats a real street car
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/04/09 12:58 PM

Quote:

IMO Tony Russo. <N2o Monster> think he's been low 8s at over 3400lbs full int and so on. and looks like a granny car.

Pic of T Russo interior

Attached picture 5523819-russo.jpg
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/05/09 04:33 AM

I have to wonder about a couple of cars.....

Jyrki's V.I.P., is it street legal?

The yellow Viper... Chad I think owned it...?

Isn't there a danged quick green Cuda in Edmonton too?
Posted By: Twin Turbo Mower

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/05/09 07:25 AM

I run my dart on real street tires no dot drag radial or slick 3.23 gears. Bracket raced it saturday on a 6.60 1/8th mile dial broke out first round with a 6.591 @ 115.80 mph.

Attached picture 5525654-5514757-069dart[1].jpg
Posted By: McCandlessboy

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/05/09 01:35 PM

I don't race the car as I don't fit into any classes. Any class that allows two power adders, is going to have people FLYING. They also will weigh a lot less. I'm over 3800lbs, it's a pig. Since my car is a street car first and track toy second, the converter is mild. My car has been 7.80's at 184 with previous owner. That was with a different converter, cam and intercooller. Could it be driven on the street, sorta. With slicks, my car is only worth an 8.50, which just isn't competitive in most classes. Between the weight and the converter, I'm just not fast enough. Which is fine with me. I have a purpose built street car that just happens to go fast on the track. There is another viper out there, Sal's, that runs some Drag Radial stuff. His car is street legal and runs 7.50's. Super nice guy.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/05/09 05:18 PM

Man, some of you guys are real candy azzes when it comes to your definition of a street car. Don't you remember that you could go to the dealer, plunk down your money and buy a high compression, solid lifter cammed, no air, no power steering, no power brakes and radio delete car from any of the big three. They sat on showroom floors and were everyday cars. So by some of you guys definitions, the very cars you hail as the "greatest street cars" of all times, don't even fit in your own definition of what a street car is.

As far as being reliable and going "X" amount of miles with no incident, the trans just went out in my Lincoln LS, during a 200 mile trip. Don't guess it's a street car. I have pretty much concluded that most guys, think anything faster than THEIR street car, can't be a "real" street car.

As far as wipers, I use Rain-X on the above mentioned Lincoln, the wipers have not even been turned on in over a year and it has rained here everyday for about 6 weeks, it seems.

Monte
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/05/09 05:31 PM

Quote:

As far as being reliable and going "X" amount of miles with no incident, the trans just went out in my Lincoln LS, during a 200 mile trip. Don't guess it's a street car.

I personally don't consider anything made from General Motors as a "car", myself!

But that's just me.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/05/09 05:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

As far as being reliable and going "X" amount of miles with no incident, the trans just went out in my Lincoln LS, during a 200 mile trip. Don't guess it's a street car.

I personally don't consider anything made from General Motors as a "car", myself!

But that's just me.

Since when is a Lincoln a GM car. The LS also has Jag running gear, so don't change your response to Ford.

Monte
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/05/09 05:42 PM

Quote:

is a Lincoln a GM car. The LS also has Jag running gear, so don't change your response to Ford.

Monte

Oh yeah, sorry. Ok then, Ford and anything made on the British Isles, or contracted by...
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/05/09 09:39 PM

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just picking LOL!Got to be on the list somewhere.
Some of you guys need to drive Caddys.Candy A$$es.
Lenny

Post deleted by Defbob - 10/06/09 03:10 AM

Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/06/09 03:48 AM

Some of you new members probably dont recall "The Haze"...It ran good one time, but I think it was sold, and hasnt done anything since.
I would say N2OMonster car is at the top of the pack.
Some of those F.A.S.T guys car runs awesome for what they are. Imagine those cars with real suspensions, tires, headers etc...
Fast68Plymouth had a fast Road Runner at one time, that would scream for a 383 with factory heads.
Ever seen that Video of Dan Milan (sp) driving around the town and going through Burger King in his car..
I forgot what his car was running but, i know it was way way in the 7's if not 6's..
Its amazing what one can do with no limits on $$$..
Like someone's Avitar use to say " You can never exceed the speed of your wallet" LOL.

Like him or hate him, Elvis Miller's car is pretty damn fast.
Imagine what that car would do with a real chassis built from guys like Mike Roth, and have Monty Smith Tuning it correctly.
Posted By: demongup

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/07/09 01:34 AM

Here is a pic with 275 Radials
Went 1.34.60ft 5.24 @ 139.83 in the 1/8
3400 lbs ,caltracs .never a wheelie bar on this car. Indy 440-1s on 1 kit
I also have a stock interior including factory back seat. I do have a kirkey seat for the drivers

Attached picture 5529530-AUGUST037-vi.jpg
Posted By: rtstreet

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/07/09 03:13 AM

adam your car is running good, you going to memphis?
Posted By: DaKuda

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/07/09 03:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

But that's just me.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/07/09 11:05 AM

Quote:

adam your car is running good, you going to memphis?

Hey Andy,
I will not be going to Memphis. That races clashes with the "shakedown at E town" .I am going to run the 8.50 index.Its only an 1&1/2 hrs from my house,It pays 6,000.to win.

Are you going?How you running.I watched the video from Milan...you still stole the show when we ran eachother,lol.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/07/09 02:59 PM

yeah,just got it back together after the milan luck, going to test friday if weather holds out.
good luck at the shakedown and whip some a$$.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 12:22 AM

Our Dart ran the best 1/4 ET of 10.9 (one and only time on a quarter mile track. And ran a best 1/8th mile of 7.0... on 9" wide street legal tires. It's got a fiberglass hood and that's about it when it comes to light weight parts.

422" Stroker 340, pump gas, Eldy heads, dual plane intake.... etc etc

Oh yea, it ran a 3800 mile road trip flawlessly.... even after a roll over LOL

Now the motor of that car is in another, a '65 Plymouth Valiant Pro Street.... but alas we're fighting just to get back to the numbers the skinny tire, 4 speed Dart ran... but every time at the races it gets closer and closer.... the fastest it's ran in 1/4 mile so far is 11.18 but hopefully they'll improve more with more set up and getting some of the twist of the car out
It's been fighting every step of the way but it will be quicker than the Dart dammit

Posted By: MegaDart

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 12:43 AM

Isn't nitrous illegal on the street in many states??
So to be fair you would need to take the NOS off all the "street" cars... Let's see what they run then?
Posted By: lowbudget

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 12:52 AM

Quote:

So to be fair you would need to take the NOS off all the "street" cars... Let's see what they run then?

Hater coment .....get down or lay down

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 01:08 AM

Quote:

Legal in my state!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 02:42 AM

Quote:

now what the he!! does that mean??
It was an honest question that you obviously don't know the answer to.
Anytime you wanna line'em up just let me know and you can use all the nitrous you want...

So does anyone know which states are legal/illegal??

Quote:

Legal in my state!

so is marrying your cousin, anyone else!!
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 02:44 AM

Posted By: ksj

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 03:03 AM

He doesnt surf here but owns a mopar.10.37 best,small block,manual tranny and has been on 3 Dragweeks and 10k of street miles with nothing more than changing head gaskets this year.It is getting TIRED! 3700 pounds and going on a diet. 3700 t0 2800.Cant wait for the true street car test aka DragWeek 2010.
http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141...edcuda10618.flv

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 03:11 AM

sounds like someone is ready to race

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 03:24 AM

Getting tired of racing roller skates

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 03:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Anytime you wanna line'em up just let me know and you can use all the nitrous you want...

Quote:

Legal in my state!

Wrong state,your thinking of WV.We have to get the 2nd cousin.LOL.
I got $500 that you want give Andy the break.Do'nt be scared he's only got maybe 1,200 lbs on you and half the tire.Lenny
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 03:31 AM

dont be too hard on Mega....he drives a pontiac

Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 04:08 AM

Quote:

No giggle juice on my ride to take off
Posted By: DakFink

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 11:08 AM

Where did that Dakota come from?

Is it yours or someone elses?

Reason I ask is it looks very familiar, Buddy of mine in Va had 1 just like it.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 11:41 AM

You guys kill me!!!

Pump Gas Drags has pretty much defined what a street car is.

1. Legally Licensed
2. Legally Insured
3. Runs on gas that you can buy at any Gas station USA.
4. Can survive a 30mile cruise with a combo of city and highway traffic.

Luxuries such as A/C and Heat are just that Luxuries. I know there are some people here old enough to remember the days when A/C was actually a High-Dollar option, and heat may or may not have been available.

Being picky about windshield wipers? Come on? Even state inspections have clauses that exempt vehicles that didn't come from the factory with certain features, including, Seat Belts, Wipers and even head lights. Think 1920-1930's. There are a lot of street-rods built from cars of that era.

Legally they don't have to have head-lights, wipers or Seat belts. In turn they also can not be operated at Night or in the Rain. If one of these conditions comes upon them while they are driving then they have to pull-over until it passes.

Passing State inspections IS a JOKE at best. The day after we got the Inspection done on my 3500 Dually. My wife got pulled over for improper MudFlaps. She looked at the Inspection Receipt and it was on there and the guy checked it off as OK. They aren't even close to what the law states they should be and it is very obvious. (8 inches short)

Posted By: lowbudget

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 12:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Legal in my state!

O god, not another key board tuff guy..spare me please ..let me guess you want to race my small block street car with a gutted big tire lexan shopping cart on wheels. Hey ya got to do what makes ya feel good I guess
Posted By: webemopes

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 01:54 PM

i personally don`t like the spray but you don`t have to run it on the street.it does give you the best of both worlds,you can build somthing tamer to be able to drive more but hit it with the jug when you want to race it.nobody said you have to keep it on all the time.sure it is illegal to transport it in a closed pass vehicle on the highway but that doesn`t make it any less of a streetcar.i have never seen any scoreboards or timeclocks on trafficlights anyhow,so if you are timing your car,it is probably taking place at a dragstrip where nitrous is legal.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 04:10 PM

Quote:

You guys kill me!!!

1. Legally Licensed
2. Legally Insured

Luxuries such as A/C and Heat are just that Luxuries. I know there are some people here old enough to remember the days when A/C was actually a High-Dollar option, and heat may or may not have been available.

Being picky about windshield wipers? Come on? Even state inspections have clauses that exempt vehicles that didn't come from the factory with certain features, including, Seat Belts, Wipers and even head lights. Think 1920-1930's. There are a lot of street-rods built from cars of that era.

Legally they don't have to have head-lights, wipers or Seat belts. In turn they also can not be operated at Night or in the Rain. If one of these conditions comes upon them while they are driving then they have to pull-over until it passes.

Passing State inspections IS a JOKE at best. The day after we got the Inspection done on my 3500 Dually. My wife got pulled over for improper MudFlaps. She looked at the Inspection Receipt and it was on there and the guy checked it off as OK. They aren't even close to what the law states they should be and it is very obvious. (8 inches short)

Not exactly. They allow what they WANT to be allowed. The year Hogans Chevy II won, they threatened that if it went ANY below 8.50, you were out, because it did not have a funny car cage. Next year, it had a funny car cage and DF proclaimed "street cars" dont have funny car cages and Hogans car did not pass tech that year, even though it was exactly the way it was the year before. Imagine that. Hogan made the drive anyway and laid down some easy, exhibition 8.30s on pump gas and radials, at 3300lbs. It was made very clear, that they did not want cars that fast at the PGD. The other "fast" car that year, the Viper, supposedly missed a checkpoint and was disqualified. He went 8 teens. That event is no more, so thats a moot point anyway.

Monte
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 04:17 PM

thats big block how about small blocks cars that drive in the sreet not just have plates and there street cars
Posted By: cold85

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 10:59 PM

Quote:

I don't race the car as I don't fit into any classes. Any class that allows two power adders, is going to have people FLYING. They also will weigh a lot less. I'm over 3800lbs, it's a pig. Since my car is a street car first and track toy second, the converter is mild. My car has been 7.80's at 184 with previous owner. That was with a different converter, cam and intercooller. Could it be driven on the street, sorta. With slicks, my car is only worth an 8.50, which just isn't competitive in most classes. Between the weight and the converter, I'm just not fast enough. Which is fine with me. I have a purpose built street car that just happens to go fast on the track. There is another viper out there, Sal's, that runs some Drag Radial stuff. His car is street legal and runs 7.50's. Super nice guy.

do not believe Mike his car is not fast he edited the video. I think the only way to prove if his car is really that fast is to us to switch cars for the weekend
Posted By: TUG

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/09/09 11:21 PM

Off topic but thought some might like to see....

In Canada the fastest street car a while back was this guy, mind you running on alcohol allows vehicles here to circumvent the emissions standards, but he ran in the 7's for years in his convert 53 vette, and eventually 7.20's, but his new car is just being tuned up and in it's inaugural season did some cool things.
He says it's turned WAY down on the tuning as they get to know the car.... expect low teens or even faster in the coming seasons....

http://www.dragindon.com/

63 Vette
Pro Steet/OutLaw Pro Mod
Twin Frame 25.1 Chassis
115 Wheel Base
Hoosire Tires
Cranc Cam
Sheet metal full floater
210 3 speed
Bolt together Converter
526 CU IN BBC
Billet Crank
Spread oval port Heads
Single 114 MM Turbo
Big Stuff 3
Pro Mag 44
Dry Sump
60 MM Waste Gates
Twin Bovs
Moran Injectors

Attached picture 5535404-08mrpsatsept6-075murray224.jpg
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/10/09 04:51 AM

Quote:

Off topic but thought some might like to see....

In Canada the fastest street car a while back was this guy, mind you running on alcohol allows vehicles here to circumvent the emissions standards, but he ran in the 7's for years in his convert 53 vette, and eventually 7.20's, but his new car is just being tuned up and in it's inaugural season did some cool things.
He says it's turned WAY down on the tuning as they get to know the car.... expect low teens or even faster in the coming seasons....

http://www.dragindon.com/

63 Vette
Pro Steet/OutLaw Pro Mod
Twin Frame 25.1 Chassis
115 Wheel Base
Hoosire Tires
Cranc Cam
Sheet metal full floater
210 3 speed
Bolt together Converter
526 CU IN BBC
Billet Crank
Spread oval port Heads
Single 114 MM Turbo
Big Stuff 3
Pro Mag 44
Dry Sump
60 MM Waste Gates
Twin Bovs
Moran Injectors

Murray pulled good numbers over the years, but he sure broke a ton of parts.
Braid's new car looked promising, then vanished.

Dal and RP in the Mustangs were quicker than Murray or Braid... both went 6s I do believe, and much more frequently and regularly than either Murray and Braid ..

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/10/09 05:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

You guys kill me!!!

1. Legally Licensed
2. Legally Insured

Not exactly. They allow what they WANT to be allowed. The year Hogans Chevy II won, they threatened that if it went ANY below 8.50, you were out, because it did not have a funny car cage. Next year, it had a funny car cage and DF proclaimed "street cars" dont have funny car cages and Hogans car did not pass tech that year, even though it was exactly the way it was the year before. Imagine that. Hogan made the drive anyway and laid down some easy, exhibition 8.30s on pump gas and radials, at 3300lbs. It was made very clear, that they did not want cars that fast at the PGD. The other "fast" car that year, the Viper, supposedly missed a checkpoint and was disqualified. He went 8 teens. That event is no more, so thats a moot point anyway.

Monte

I knew but forgot the about the Safety Regulations required for your ET. Follows IHRA/NHRA regs

That is BS changing the rules because someone ran faster than they wanted/expected.

That's probably why it is NO MORE!! To much manipulating the rules to appease someone.

I knew the rules originally stated run as fast as you can as long as you have the proper Safety equipment in place for your ET/MPH.

If someone wants to ride around with a 25.? cage in there street that's their headache to deal with. Not for me or anyone else but the Law to say whether they can or can not?

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/10/09 07:18 AM

Guys can say whatever they want about nitrous on street cars...or even race cars for that matter, but the fact remains, nitrous is the best "bang for the buck" hp there is. Put a decent kit on a beater and you have a 10-11 sec car. I have noticed most of the "nitrous haters" fall into two categories. One group has never had it and seems to be scared to try it, because of all the misinformation and then there is the group who has tried it, but could not make it work and tore up parts. Seems both of these groups worship at the "nitrous power is not real power" alter.

Monte
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/10/09 10:58 AM

Quote:

Guys can say whatever they want about nitrous on street cars...or even race cars for that matter, but the fact remains, nitrous is the best "bang for the buck" hp there is. Put a decent kit on a beater and you have a 10-11 sec car. I have noticed most of the "nitrous haters" fall into two categories. One group has never had it and seems to be scared to try it, because of all the misinformation and then there is the group who has tried it, but could not make it work and tore up parts. Seems both of these groups worship at the "nitrous power is not real power" alter.

Monte

Monte speaking of nitrous I need some . Think you could help me out?

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/10/09 11:19 AM

Quote:

Yes, I do have a race car..well its more like a street/strip deal. However, im not going to come on Moparts and get into a battle of wits with you, it seems you have a problem restraining yourself for some reason and love the attention.

dude, you call me a hater and a keyboard toughguy then mumble some other homie crap I didn't understand. I took that as a callout for sure. Then all the deragatory comments directed at a racecar something like rollerskates, shopping cart?? etc.

I knew my opinion of nitrous on a streetcar would not be popular but who cares?? My opinion is worth NO MORE then yours... I am just more imressed with the blower or supercharged or big motor that can drive the street and down the track without getting out of the car or completely changing the engines characteristics with a boatload of laughing gas.

Monte is absolutley correct. It is the best bang fot the buck bar none. Used correctly it is amazing. I like going fast on motor. Do I hate nos, NO. Would I use it, YES. But I still don't like it much...

and no one seemed to touch my ? about legality of NOS on the street. I believe there would be a fine in my old residence of CT if you were caught with a bottle. CA laws are vague you are not allowed to inhale it!! MD has some vague laws as well.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/10/09 01:24 PM

Actually any car with a 25.5 cage or better is not safe on the street. Can you imagine getting hit in the side and having your head bang around in the cage without your helmet on?

Ok now back on topic, Where are all the 8sec or better street cars at?

Post deleted by Defbob - 10/10/09 01:27 PM

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/10/09 01:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Actually any car with a 25.5 cage or better is not safe on the street. Can you imagine getting hit in the side and having your head bang around in the cage without your helmet on?

Ok now back on topic, Where are all the 8sec or better street cars at?

stay tuned kiddies. with any luck coming up this week

You going to bring that car? That would be cool.

Post deleted by Defbob - 10/10/09 01:32 PM

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/10/09 09:50 PM

So change the pulleys, put in some race gas and let that big tire car eat!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/11/09 03:44 AM

I did say that it is legal In NC.

There are a couple 8sec street cars in my shop.Jerry's Black Duster has been 8.70s with stock suspension and @ 3600 lbs.He drove the car to the beach this summer 3 1/2 hour trip one way.It still has the back seat and killer sound system with a tv and all in the dash.I have only hit it with 200, I think it will run in the 8.50s with some more tune on it.It has won a ton of best of shows and best paint at the Nats.I built everything and paint in house,Andy did do the trans.Lenny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOEIpLxFSIs

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/11/09 04:34 AM

lenny, thanks for the props on the trans deal, i got 3 power glides going to memphis.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 10/11/09 05:30 AM

25.5 cage not safe on the street.Probly.Explains why those of us that know Larry Larson call him "Jughead"
Posted By: DJVCuda

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 01:59 AM

8.008 @ 171
with a stock suspension and no wheelie bars - is that a street car?

what about 8.05 @ 171 ??

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 02:12 AM

Quote:

8.008 @ 171

what about 8.05 @ 171 ??

All I hear here are crickets!

(She said she will email it monday, Sorry)

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 02:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

8.008 @ 171

what about 8.05 @ 171 ??

no sweat - I was hoping that would flush you out!

A hear the 8.008 also looks like BOOB
and I also hear it apparently takes a MAN to run a 7 - not my words.. lmao!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 02:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

8.008 @ 171

what about 8.05 @ 171 ??

My 60 was a only a soft 1.26. I'm a big fan of bringing my [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] home in one piece. I think you owe me a starting line pic!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 02:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

8.008 @ 171

what about 8.05 @ 171 ??

My 60 was a only a soft 1.26. I'm a big fan of bringing my [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] home in one piece. I think you owe me a starting line pic!

check your email.... You should love the one in 2nd gear!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 02:43 AM

Quote:

check your email.... You should love the one in 2nd gear!

Thanks to the griner 1+2 TB i'm able to run fast on a unprepped track

Got it Thanks!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:08 AM

good pass,your best so far? congrats

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:13 AM

Quote:

good pass,your best so far? congrats

Yep,thanks. Guppy did the oh mine was the 5. I really wanted to leave on more than 4* of timing but the track wasn't having any part of it. Its is nice to know when i get on a good track and throw the timing at it its going to run like a bear.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:20 AM

going to? - i think your there... but what do I know - you run faster in the 1.8th then I do the whole damn track!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:23 AM

Quote:

going to? - i think your there... but what do I know - you run faster in the 1.8th then I do the whole damn track!

We can fix that for you

what about that 35mph back half

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:23 AM

both flying, what heads on yours?

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

We can fix that for you

what about that 35mph back half

lol...yeah - mines more like 20 mph...

and money can fix anything but a broken heart!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:27 AM

Quote:

both flying, what heads on yours?

Out of the box 440-1's, 345 cnc, 2.25 intake valve. Tom Slawko did the intake, that was the biggest restriction we found. The 400-3 is a turd out of the box i found that out on my NA engine previous to this one.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:29 AM

Quote:

Hookers can be bought!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:31 AM

same heads i had, but i didn't do much the the intake, when i got my new back from new york and put them side by side, the porting was alot different.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hookers can be bought!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:35 AM

hey Andy,
I am working on (NMCA)Tray on getting our weights down.We might have a chance if we get 100 lbs off?

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:36 AM

Quote:

hey Andy,
I am working on (NMCA)Tray on getting our weights down.We might have a chance if we get 100 lbs off?

there is the 8008 - i mean boob...lol

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:36 AM

Quote:

same heads i had, but i didn't do much the the intake, when i got my new back from new york and put them side by side, the porting was alot different.

Mine were bought last year. Funny thing is we never bolted them on the bench to see what they actually flow. Who did yours? Are you running a short deck?

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:37 AM

BTW GO PHILLIES!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

hey Andy,

there is the 8008 - i mean boob...lol

Here I am !!! IN the house .LOL

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:39 AM

Quote:

BTW GO PHILLIES!

Don't you have to start rooting for the marlins?

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:41 AM

NAW . I will b at spring training.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

BTW GO PHILLIES!

Don't you have to start rooting for the marlins?

he would already be there if this one was driving...

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:43 AM

Quote:

NAW . I will b at spring training.

Just checking, so that makes you a snobird or a silver hair.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:46 AM

both.
Hey does that car have a back seat?????Must b a street car .

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:48 AM

Quote:

both.
Hey does that car have a back seat?????Must b a street car .

but where is the pass seat? Your like Oldhead!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:57 AM

GOT awful Quiet here. .....

Dave ,Some gr8 pics .Didn 't know we could share .

Attached picture 5579112-demon,gup&steve.jpg

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 03:59 AM

Quote:

He's rationing them out oldead JR

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 04:01 AM

Quote:

just not the good ones...lol

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 04:15 AM

and it looks like I dont have to worry about you posting pix yet..lol

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 04:17 AM

Quote:

and it looks like I dont have to worry about you posting pix yet..lol

can i get them all? I won't post them promise

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 04:19 AM

Quote:

BTW GO PHILLIES!

BX Bombmers are hurting your Phillies
Posted By: Ari440

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 04:36 AM

BIGTIMEAUTO

what is your combo and nos setup if you dont mind
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 12:19 PM

This street car arguement gets more rediculous everytime. A wealthy man can go out and buy a million dollar exotic sports car that can go a few miles at a rediculous speed and then need $20,000 in maintenance but still be refered as a street car. A backyard hot rodder builds a car that can drive to the local cruise in a couple hundred times and make a few hundred passes down the dragstrip get's told that safety equipment will keep the car off the street. ALL THIS IS PURE BS put out by the people who can not get it done.

My car on motor with a 3,000 stall and 4.10 gears would cruise the street at 45 MPH with my foot off the gas. With 4.88's the speed was reduced to around 40. It was a nitrous combo. It was very loud even with legal exhaust. The car had wheelie bars that did not go more than 18 inches past the bumper. Some hitches on pickup trucks stick out that far. The car had a funny car cage sense I care about my family and want to continue to be able to provide for them. The car is certified to 6.0 in the quarter as I built it to certify 25.2.

For all you haters my home built small block powered car went 8.02 at 170 on a single stage of giggle juice while weighing in over 3,000 lbs. After I quit nitrous the state of VA decided they could make having a nitrous bottle hooked up on the street illegal. I called to complain and they said they were sorry for the law but thought it was OK sense I had switched over to running NA.LOL

Leon

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 12:43 PM

In NYC they wanted to impound my car just for having my juice bottle bolted, but not connected. Thank god I had some permit my friend made me get, and they let me go. This was a very long time ago, don't know the laws now out there.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 12:59 PM

must be my big head that is to large too upload
Posted By: 67HEMI

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 07:36 PM

Well my vote is for Chip (9seccuda) because it has NO power adders and it is street driven a lot.He and I were both at the Pump Gas Drags and did the 30 mile cruise with no problems. I am not saying nitrous or forced induction is bad but to me running 9.50's on motor at over 3800 lbs and still drives it on the street regularly is a true street car.My car is just as heavy,gets driven more than most and only runs 10.20's on motor. As far as the "legal" street car argument goes,cages and five point harnesses are illegal in the eyes of the DOT. If you wrecked a car with a cage on the street and had no helmet on you would either die or look like the elephant man.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 07:49 PM

Quote:

BIGTIMEAUTO

He dont run NOS.... guess again...... BTW If I ever hit the powerball that WILL be my car......
Posted By: Runner

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 08:08 PM

Leon, how much visablility is lost with a funny car cage? that would be my only concern with them. if you cant safly change lanes or operate the car because of visibilty issues then imo its unsafe for the street. but if it doesnt effect your visibilty then i dont see any issue with it at all on the street. imo if you were to get into a wreck and your head banged off the bar and killed you then thats a chance that you were willing to take and does not effect me. but if you cant see while driving the car and hurt one of my family members then that does effect me and i do care. ive never sat in a funny car cage so i really have no idea how visability is effected

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 08:09 PM

Quote:

BIGTIMEAUTO

its a short deck, 440-1, procharged now
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/01/09 11:14 PM

CONGRATS on the killer ETs....streetcars for sure!!!
Posted By: John Burdine

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 12:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

BIGTIMEAUTO

i would like to see more pics of your car, as well as the engine compartment w/procharger....please!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 12:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BIGTIMEAUTO

i would like to see more pics of your car, as well as the engine compartment w/procharger....please!

\
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 01:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BIGTIMEAUTO

\

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 01:12 AM

Big time engine pic

Attached picture 5580641-frt_eng_eclip.jpg

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 01:18 AM

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 01:26 AM

I can post a pic when it counts

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 01:53 AM

Quote:

Dam john left the hood up???

Good pic though Gup! You should get a gig like Dave's

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 01:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

nah... he could not hang with me and my group of talented photographers...

compliments of Moe!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 01:58 AM

Wow moe was shooting vid? Sweet!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 02:00 AM

not exactly - he just held down the shutter on you guys all the way down the track...2.5 FPS

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 02:04 AM

Quote:

not exactly - he just held down the shutter on you guys all the way down the track...2.5 FPS

WOW, good thing that camera has a lot of memory in it

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 02:05 AM

I was messing around with one of yours, but its not as dramatic as the cal trac / no wheelie bar setup...

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 02:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

nah... he could not hang with me and my group of talented photographers...

compliments of Moe!

I would of replied sooner but....I had to get a clean up tissue .lol

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 02:08 AM

Quote:

I was messing around with one of yours, but its not as dramatic as the cal trac / no wheelie bar setup...

I really didn't hit it hard enough to go on the bars hard. Show me one Pleeeeeeeease

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 02:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I really didn't hit it hard enough to go on the bars hard. Show me one Pleeeeeeeease

ok - i'm working on the one where your skating about the 330....

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 02:58 AM

I got a decent launch pic...compliments of your buddy....

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 03:10 AM

your bill is in your email.......

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/02/09 03:14 AM

Sweet! thanks
Posted By: bad1970dust

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/03/09 01:07 AM

I got a way to settle this why dont , we find a track centraily located to everybody and all meet their. settle this like men and not keyboard jockeys. mufflers,dots, headlamps, plates, and a 15 mile drive. back to the track and untouched in the lanes,anything goes, lets r ace, iam game!!!

Attached picture 5582722-595172043_8Pe2H-S.jpg

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 09:08 PM

what no takers just talkers

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 09:32 PM

I'd be up for that. We run year round down here so yall come on down. CHIP

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 09:35 PM

good idea MIR NEXT WEEK

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 09:39 PM

Quote:

what no takers just talkers

Quote:

good idea MIR NEXT WEEK

Bring your car and some cash

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 09:41 PM

SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 09:50 PM

I DONT THINK THERE IS A LOT OF STREET CARS ON HERE LIKE THAT BUT WE WILL SEE LOL

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 09:56 PM

I said centrally located fair drive for everyone.Whoever wants to come.For the cash lets find someone on here we can trust send him the money before it goes down. that way if 10 or more want to race and dont show thier money is thier for the winner. lets say 500. a head?

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 10:03 PM

now we got brake it up big block smallblock

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 10:05 PM

$500 entry and a long drive isn't gonna happen for me. I'd be taking a knife to a gunfight anyway w/ the nitrous and blower cars that would show up.

If a lot of the N/T grudge racers show up, there will be a whole lot more mouths running than cars. CHIP
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 10:06 PM

Does it have to be a mopar? Title says fastest street car on moparts. That leaves the door open...

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 10:07 PM

come on its a mopar web site LOL

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 10:08 PM

Put up or shut up! I'am in.The no touching the cars in the lanes is not a good idea.But what ever you guys need to do.

I would really like to do it on the road but that will not go over good on here.Lenny

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 10:08 PM

Quote:

come on its a mopar web site LOL

So! There are alot of members here that have off brand rides..Phill

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 10:11 PM

then they dont belong here

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 10:13 PM

I don't see anybody else here anyway
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 10:28 PM

Quote:

I got a way to settle this why dont , we find a track centraily located to everybody and all meet their. settle this like men and not keyboard jockeys. mufflers,dots, headlamps, plates, and a 15 mile drive. back to the track and untouched in the lanes,anything goes, lets r ace, iam game!!!

A 15-mile-drive defines a "street-car ? .....

Post deleted by Defbob - 11/04/09 10:46 PM

Posted By: joshking440

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 11:07 PM

What about picking one of the Classic Events to use as a venue??? A large portion of the members here attend at least one of the events???

and I am down to participate if this goes!!!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/04/09 11:37 PM

lets get on then

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 03:41 AM

im almost back together.....

Pablo you can get it at NTN's

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 04:04 AM

Quote:

im almost back together.....

Great, you headed to shakedown?

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 04:08 AM

i will be there Sunday to help Keith, i will not be racing this year.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 04:10 AM

I can't either. Have a flight out of town on sunday so i'll be watching on sat only.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 04:19 AM

dont make me flip that thing on its roof tony
Posted By: 572charger

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 11:54 AM

im in as long as we drive 30+ miles to the track on pumpgas and race with out opening the hood ! real street cars drive on the street with 93 or lower octane !! lmao !! u guys figure somthin out i'll be there ! how about norwalk in september, chrysler classic! unless i do drag week next year [my girl freind wants to run her car]
Posted By: bigsbigelow

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 12:05 PM

Racing fuel isn't street legal so I feel pump gas cars should be the only ones that qualify for "street legal" events. Says right on the pump where we get our 110, "Not for highway use".
Posted By: Defbob

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 12:25 PM

Quote:

Racing fuel isn't street legal so I feel pump gas cars should be the only ones that qualify for "street legal" events. Says right on the pump where we get our 110, "Not for highway use".

no where does it say "not for highway use" on alcohol j/k
Posted By: 67HEMI

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 01:46 PM

I don't have a fast street car but I would say 30-50 miles street cruise with stop and go traffic in the summer,not in the fall.After the cruise fill up with 93 at an AMOCO/BP then head to the track with no hood opening and then hot lap them. All the cooling down and opening the hood and adjustments really isn't in the spirit of a TRUE street car. Some folks think that a street car is one that can drive 10 miles to a hangout and then make it back home And have a power adder class and an N/A class.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 05:02 PM

stop the bull once again lets get it on
Posted By: julian2007

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 06:16 PM

I drove this car to my neighbor's house once! 8.02 @ 166.00 mph

Attached picture 5588013-dragster002.jpg
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 07:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

no where does it say "not for highway use" on alcohol j/k

Only problem with alky, you'd need a tanker truck following you every were you went...
My last car would burn 2 3/4 gallons of alky from pit to 8th mile pass back to pit..
This was with the barrel valve near closed every were except the burn out box and the strip.

My old Dakota runs low 6's (9.70-9.80's) on motor in the 8th and it was only 11.5:1 compression in a 3400 lbs package with driver.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 07:07 PM

Quote:

Then it MUST be a STREET car I'm impressed

Russ

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 07:48 PM

Quote:

wow and its still not fast enough

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 07:49 PM

Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 07:54 PM

Amazing how some only consider there car a street car, and no one else has one. If the car has current registration, and can drive to town to get ice cream it's a street car PERIOD. Who cares if it can make it 30-100 miles. When I did drive my GTX on the street, I had no reason to drive it that far one way.

Jeff

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 08:43 PM

Quote:

Amazing how some only consider there car a street car, and no one else has one. If the car has current registration, and can drive to town to get ice cream it's a street car PERIOD. Who cares if it can make it 30-100 miles. When I did drive my GTX on the street, I had no reason to drive it that far one way.

Jeff

X10000000000 whatever somebody is willing to put up with.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 08:44 PM

even if it involves towing it with a golf cart...lol

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 08:57 PM

Quote:

even if it involves towing it with a golf cart...lol

ughhh well at least the golf cart is then.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 09:06 PM

Quote:

Jeff

good answer hit it right on the nose
Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 09:14 PM

Quote:

Jeff

Exactly, the furtheset i ever drove my 64 was about 12 miles. Im sure it could go more, but after 15 minutes i want out. If i need to go a long distance I will take a car with A/C a stereo and comfortable seats.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 10:27 PM

very true nice 64

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/05/09 11:46 PM

You guys with your 12 and 15 mile street-car "drivers" are "killing" me !

I saw MANY TIMES .. the KING of the street-racers(The Silver Bullet/Jimmy Addison) ... BEAT many cars that were CLAIMED to have been "streeters" .. but he took them out through traffic, by the police station AND out on the freeway !!

SOME TIMES as many as 50 miles ! .. His most famous "victim" was Andy Mannarino and his mid-9 second Camaro. Ole AM's motor was so loaded-up - he wanted to change plugs on the side of 696 at 2am in the morning !

B U T ...if you guys want to stick with your deal ... WHERE does all that shuck-and-jive end ? .. are you going to throw some plates on a Pro Mod car ?

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/06/09 05:19 AM

Quote:

I saw MANY TIMES .. the KING of the street-racers(The Silver Bullet/Jimmy Addison) ... BEAT many cars that were CLAIMED to have been "streeters" .. but he took them out through traffic, by the police station AND out on the freeway !!

SOME TIMES as many as 50 miles ! .. His most famous "victim" was Andy Mannarino and his mid-9 second Camaro. Ole AM's motor was so loaded-up - he wanted to change plugs on the side of 696 at 2am in the morning !

B U T ...if you guys want to stick with your deal ... WHERE does all that shuck-and-jive end ? .. are you going to throw some plates on a Pro Mod car ?

You guys that have to drive a Muscle Car long distances to feel good about yourselves, or have to tell guys that their car doesn't fit your definition of "street car" are killing me........BIG DEAL......Your car can do what my wife's minivan can do......WOW, that's impressive.........YOU DA MAN!!!

.........and what octane was in Jimmy Addison's "pump gas" car???

I'm the same way.....I don't LIKE to drive my car for more than 15 to 20 miles.......so why build my motor to run on and put the crappiest minivan propellant ever known to man into my hot rod??? That's like putting a jet motor into a P51 Mustang......sure, it's more practical, but who wants practical??? It's just as dumb........ People walk past a sea of practical cars just to look at, listen to, and enjoy the impractical cars.........

Having said that, I HAVE driven a 19,000 mile, original, high compression Max Wedge Dodge from Tulsa, Oklahoma to Topeka, Kansas (4 hour drive one way) on RACE GAS, filled up at the track during an NHRA national event, drove around all weekend, filled up at the track again and drove home and even go rained on, just to prove to the idoits at home that the car could do it and WAS a STREE CAR even if it did run on race gas............so anyone that says you HAVE to run on pump gas for it to be a "street car" is just trying to make themselves feel better about themselves..........

BUT, to each their own.......I don't get on here and laugh at you because you like that (until now).......if that's what floats your boat, have at it......

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/06/09 05:40 AM

lets get together, match the cars up, and race
i'm down to just race. clay city next year all should have time to be ready, no excuses?(just an idea)

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/06/09 05:44 AM

Quote:

I don't get on here and laugh at you because you like that (until now).......

I don't get-on-here much and THANK people for a post .. but I will do that right-now ... I needed a GOOD .. before hitting the hay.

Was it Hot Rod mag that had a yearly shoot-out in Memphis that featured FAST street-cars ?

Their "rules" were fairly short-and-sweet ... but one of the first ones was pump-gas-only.

Now is you think a true street-car should be "allowed" to use available-at-the-track-only race-gas ..... then you are a can or two short of a six-pack.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/06/09 12:19 PM

Obviously we have established that there is a difference between a street car and a street legal car.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/06/09 01:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I don't get-on-here much and THANK people for a post .. but I will do that right-now ... I needed a GOOD .. before hitting the hay.

Was it Hot Rod mag that had a yearly shoot-out in Memphis that featured FAST street-cars ?

Their "rules" were fairly short-and-sweet ... but one of the first ones was pump-gas-only.

Now is you think a true street-car should be "allowed" to use available-at-the-track-only race-gas ..... then you are a can or two short of a six-pack.

AGAIN, in the examply YOU used, what octane was Jimmy running in his GTX??? I bet it wasn't 91.........

So what??? Who made Hot Rod "God"??? That's their sand box, so they can make their rules........

What do you say to me driving 8 hours round trip on race gas in a car with more than 12.5 to 1 compression??? Is my car not a "street car"?.....Did I not drive it far enough? ......Even an open chambered 383 or 440 can't be hammered on with pump gas with stock pistons, so ALL of the muscle cars Mopar built aren't "street cars" anymore???

My Max Wedge and A12 cars were built that way at the factory and they're 100% bone stock......so just because times have changed and good fuel is no longer available at the pump, it's no longer a "street car"??? give me a break!

Why are you trying to force your views onto other people???

Quote:

Obviously we have established that there is a difference between a street car and a street legal car.

I don't see anything established yet

So, you're saying my A12 car is a "street legal" car and not a "street car" because it came from the factory with 4.10's, no A/C, over 10 to 1 compression with no quench, and a huge scoop making me not want to drive it across country and it not being able to run at WOT without good fuel in it???

What is my car??? please tell me, so I can sleep at night.......
Posted By: mopartony

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/06/09 01:53 PM

Man all you guys need to lighten up.

I mean come on! If it does not fit into your little pea sized view of a street car or street legal it's not.

Lets face facts, every state has different qualifications to get a legal tag. So what is legal in MI or OH my not be in TX or AZ. I doubt anything is really legal in MA,NY and CA. But if you know the right people you can get the car tagged.

With the above said. I will say this. We took our 68 Camaro with a 706 4 stages of N2O, water injection, clutch and liberty trans out on the steet. It ran consistant 6.60's at over 210mph. Drove it during the Woodward Dream cruise(3 miles and in traffic). Drove(idled) it in a parade that was 5 miles long took over 90 min to complete(we had to stop to put gas in though ). Does this make it a street car? To some yes, I say hardly and I am one of the most giving(can not bring my self to say or type the "L" word) on cars and street legalness.

So enjoy your little debate.

Remember there will always be someone faster than you are, have a nicer car than you, have more money than you.

Don't over race your wallet.

Always try and be the best with what you have.

Sorry for ranting just that this is topic that is SO over analized and been to death.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/06/09 02:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You guys that have to drive a Muscle Car long distances to feel good about yourselves, or have to tell guys that their car doesn't fit your definition of "street car" are killing me........BIG DEAL......Your car can do what my wife's minivan can do......WOW, that's impressive.........YOU DA MAN!!!

.........and what octane was in Jimmy Addison's "pump gas" car???

I'm the same way.....I don't LIKE to drive my car for more than 15 to 20 miles.......so why build my motor to run on and put the crappiest minivan propellant ever known to man into my hot rod??? That's like putting a jet motor into a P51 Mustang......sure, it's more practical, but who wants practical??? It's just as dumb........ People walk past a sea of practical cars just to look at, listen to, and enjoy the impractical cars.........

Having said that, I HAVE driven a 19,000 mile, original, high compression Max Wedge Dodge from Tulsa, Oklahoma to Topeka, Kansas (4 hour drive one way) on RACE GAS, filled up at the track during an NHRA national event, drove around all weekend, filled up at the track again and drove home and even go rained on, just to prove to the idoits at home that the car could do it and WAS a STREE CAR even if it did run on race gas............so anyone that says you HAVE to run on pump gas for it to be a "street car" is just trying to make themselves feel better about themselves..........

BUT, to each their own.......I don't get on here and laugh at you because you like that (until now).......if that's what floats your boat, have at it......

I agree 100%,there are a lot of babys on here.Eddie's dumb a$$ has showed you can run pump gas,drive race parts for 1000s of miles.But who cares to me it is a waste on the parts and who cares at the end of the day.This post is for cars like Andy's,mine,bigtimeauto's,Leon's, the green Demon and on.Just because your wife want let you spend a $100,000 on a car that is as useless as mine don't bust my balls.
At the Nat's this year people said that no way was my yellow car a street cat.I drove it to and from the track,put about 300 miles on it.The same people with there stock (holyer than me)cars were on trailers and if they did cruze were running hot and vaper locking.
Eat or be eaten.Lenny

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/06/09 03:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

AGAIN, in the examply YOU used, what octane was Jimmy running in his GTX??? I bet it wasn't 91.........

So what??? Who made Hot Rod "God"??? That's their sand box, so they can make their rules........

What do you say to me driving 8 hours round trip on race gas in a car with more than 12.5 to 1 compression??? Is my car not a "street car"?.....Did I not drive it far enough? ......Even an open chambered 383 or 440 can't be hammered on with pump gas with stock pistons, so ALL of the muscle cars Mopar built aren't "street cars" anymore???

My Max Wedge and A12 cars were built that way at the factory and they're 100% bone stock......so just because times have changed and good fuel is no longer available at the pump, it's no longer a "street car"??? give me a break!

Why are you trying to force your views onto other people???

Quote:

I don't see anything established yet

So, you're saying my A12 car is a "street legal" car and not a "street car" because it came from the factory with 4.10's, no A/C, over 10 to 1 compression with no quench, and a huge scoop making me not want to drive it across country and it not being able to run at WOT without good fuel in it???

What is my car??? please tell me, so I can sleep at night.......

Basically what I was getting at was a street legal car is a fully inspected car and a street car is what the owner can tolerate.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/06/09 05:09 PM

Quote:

HERE is a guy with the best on-liner on all the pages of this topic !
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/06/09 09:15 PM

thats because he comes from a long line of true street cars that run very well on pump gas from Sunoco!!

The one the only
Kiddart

Attached picture 5590073-DSC00062.JPG
Posted By: old yeller

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/07/09 12:43 AM

bla,bla,bla,...this who has the fastest street car #hit is getting old,if the car is plated with insurance, ITS A STREET CAR!!!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/07/09 01:21 AM

then im in for sure

10.80 best so far with a bad trans

Attached picture 5590547-DSC13.jpg

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/07/09 01:22 AM

and this

Attached picture 5590549-DSC14.jpg
Posted By: Dartari

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/07/09 01:42 AM

What people who say that its not a street car if it doesnt run on pump gas dont realize that back in my day when i had my muscle cars and so called racecars my pump gas was Sunoco 260.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/07/09 03:12 AM

I enjoy cruising on the street every now and then and taking the family to a car show or to get ice cream. To me these cars are annoying to drive long distance though, I'll hop into the Durango for that. And the only reason I run pump gas is cuz that's all I can afford. Hoping to switch to E85 this winter.

I also agree that anything plated, muffled, and insured is a street car.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/07/09 03:45 AM

Sure are a lot of haters on this board
Posted By: 72demon416

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/07/09 04:54 AM

Well the title of the post does say the fastest street cars so that by itself should narrow it down to 1 or 2 handfuls of cars with plates. Like Rtstreet said- line em up and we'll quickly see who's at the top. If the car has plates on it- it's because the owner intended that it would be driven on the street at some point-regardless of how streetable it may be.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/07/09 05:44 AM

Some of the big hitters have yet to post, I would love to see Bigcube spray his dart. 8's on motor and who knows on spray..I know of a few others too that would be good contenders....Phill
Posted By: 383man

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/07/09 05:58 AM

I think alot of people want to define a street car because we all know alot of the real fast street cars are basically race cars with mufflers and tags on them. But if they have tags they are legal to drive on the street whether we like it or not. I am nowwhere near the fastest but I live within my budget and try to make my street car run good for what it is. And I love driving my 63 on long runs as I still have the stock bucket seats in it and they are very comfortable. And I love all the cool you get. It is no big deal for me to put at least 100 miles on my 63 on the weekend and sometimes that includes driving to the track. As was said there is always someone faster so I like to just enjoy what I have since I love this hobby. Ron
Posted By: julian2007

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 11/07/09 01:53 PM

man I can't win
Posted By: TUG

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 12/10/09 07:56 PM

Quote:

Murray pulled good numbers over the years, but he sure broke a ton of parts.
Braid's new car looked promising, then vanished.

Dal and RP in the Mustangs were quicker than Murray or Braid... both went 6s I do believe, and much more frequently and regularly than either Murray and Braid ..

Braid didn't quite hit the 6's, and his crew-chief now owns the car and it hasn't been running for a few years.

Not any more, Murray's new car is already faster than any of the Stangs ever were....
He says the car is capable of 6.10's (the mph says it's possible), and he hopes to one day hit 5.70's, 'this car has headlights for a reason' he added....
I suspect he may be going after 'world's fastest street car' title....

FTR I agree with what most say, these aren't real street cars (10 miles to a tank), but they are fun to watch.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/23/10 01:22 AM

we got a few of these guys together for a little track time - all street cars - all running 8 seconds...

www.moparenthusiast.com

twin turbo VS procharger VS N2o - guess who wass fastest?

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/23/10 02:14 AM

N20...

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/23/10 02:40 AM

my junk is gonna run pretty good

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/23/10 10:10 PM

crickets is all I hear!
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/24/10 12:23 AM

Quote:

Man all you guys need to lighten up.

I mean come on! If it does not fit into your little pea sized view of a street car or street legal it's not.

Lets face facts, every state has different qualifications to get a legal tag. So what is legal in MI or OH my not be in TX or AZ. I doubt anything is really legal in MA,NY and CA. But if you know the right people you can get the car tagged.

With the above said. I will say this. We took our 68 Camaro with a 706 4 stages of N2O, water injection, clutch and liberty trans out on the steet. It ran consistant 6.60's at over 210mph. Drove it during the Woodward Dream cruise(3 miles and in traffic). Drove(idled) it in a parade that was 5 miles long took over 90 min to complete(we had to stop to put gas in though ). Does this make it a street car? To some yes, I say hardly and I am one of the most giving(can not bring my self to say or type the "L" word) on cars and street legalness.

So enjoy your little debate.

Remember there will always be someone faster than you are, have a nicer car than you, have more money than you.

Don't over race your wallet.

Always try and be the best with what you have.

Sorry for ranting just that this is topic that is SO over analized and been to death.

Between the post and the " Grapes " avatar , you sir , have my sincere and humble respect.
I guess I'll be cheating with E-85 , but it is gonna be plenty fast and plenty fun.
It had better be , because it has been plenty expensive up to this point and I am about a month away from done.
For this neck of the woods , I don't know if I will be in the top 100.........or top 10........or top 1000.
But I think it will be a gas , and that's good enough for me.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/24/10 02:35 AM

Quote:

we got a few of these guys together for a little track time - all street cars - all running 8 seconds...

www.moparenthusiast.com

Great article! 3 wicked Mopars.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/24/10 02:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

www.moparenthusiast.com

Great article! 3 wicked Mopars.

Thanks - I appreciate that!

3 different transmissions as well...

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/24/10 03:44 AM

Now if i only new where i could get a couple of those really cool pics from that mag.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/24/10 09:38 AM

cool read.......... I thought that dart was faster than that that demon is sick also

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/24/10 12:07 PM

So .....it seems like the big question has been answered.
Dave did a awesome job putting this thing together and deserves the credit for making this happen!
The hardest thing about this was keeping my mouth shut,but no more!lol.
The big dicussion on this thread was ,"what is a true street car". What you guys think? Were these street cars?
The other thing that was discussed on this site was ,which type of trans gets it done ! Well lets hear it now ! All 3 were used !

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/24/10 12:10 PM

I give you the win cause stock suspensio and no wheelie bars....

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/24/10 01:00 PM

Quote:

I give you the win cause stock suspensio and no wheelie bars....

yeah my [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] is slow, wanna race without the clocks on?

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/24/10 01:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I give you the win cause stock suspension and no wheelie bars....

yeah my [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] is slow, wanna race without the clocks on?

nope

what other 3 cars didnt show btw ?

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/24/10 01:16 PM

I know tony hurt hurt his the week before. No idea who the others were.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/24/10 08:58 PM

Quote:

Dave did a awesome job putting this thing together and deserves the credit for making this happen!

Thanks Slick!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 02:25 AM

Funny how much talk was on this thread previous to the article.
I guess the B.S.stops when the green light drops.
Alot of humble pie must be getting eatin and the do not want to get it on their keyboard.

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/25/10 02:32 AM

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 02:44 AM

this is eddie POSTING! I AM THE FASTEST

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 02:51 AM

I don't care how fast barney ran in the past. I watched him at the true street nmca event at bradenton this year.JUNK!All that motor and spray ,can't get out of his own way .lol

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 03:01 AM

yea when he first hit that 7 I was like cool with lots more to go.. but never seemed to pan out. he is on the bullet bragging up hi 4.97 1/8th and mathmatically saying it should go a 7.6X

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 03:37 AM

Quote:

yeah my **** is slow, wanna race without the clocks on?

LOL, you da man Bob.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 03:52 AM

I wish I could of had a car ready for this.All my chit is apart or not done.Thanks for print on the little guys out here.Lenny

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 03:58 AM

Quote:

Alot of humble pie must be getting eatin and the do not want to get it on their keyboard.

You got a street car for sure Guppy
I will let you slide on the "race" seats

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 11:06 AM

Guppys demon is badd azz and all on stock suspension and no sissy sticks! I know bob has been faster now than that article and his car is just sick looking with that awesome stance and paint!

Id love to see a mopar showdown with:

Demongup
Bigtime
Andy Mayes
N2Omonster
Edvis
8secdart
8secbird
etc...

man would that be awesome to see and a great mag read

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 12:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You got a street car for sure Guppy
I will let you slide on the "race" seats

we got the only cars with back seats.lol.must be street cars !

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 12:29 PM

Quote:

yea when he first hit that 7 I was like cool with lots more to go.. but never seemed to pan out. he is on the bullet bragging up hi 4.97 1/8th and mathmatically saying it should go a 7.6X

He is an S***head. I found that thread and posted on it.lol
People were bashing him and he changed his user name .

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 12:56 PM

Bigtime has been faster?? Did he get into the 7's?? Very Nice street car also, just needs a back seat
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 01:18 PM

Quote:

Eddie's dumb a$$ has showed you can run pump gas,drive race parts for 1000s of miles.

Piss poor example for the following reasons:

1. When that car gets raced on pump gas it's a high 8 second car (yes somewhat impressive but not the 7 second car it's portrayed to be)

2. Engine has had to be rebuilt after every drag week it has entered.....not bad if you own an engine shop. But by no means a street car.

3. Spent most of his time during the last DW on the side of the road tearing it apart.

There's more, but I think my point is made here.....doesn't add up to a street car IMO

Rickster

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 01:39 PM

baddest dart of all time...

Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 02:07 PM

Bigtime, I didn't know you added boost! Car is flying

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 02:08 PM

count me, : in let me know where and when !! lets have some fun! how about norwalk classic in sept !!!!! want to wait till after mopar nats and woodward in aug will be driving it alot that week !!! want to turn up the spray at the end of this year

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 02:24 PM

Thanks for all of the good words guys!

To answer some of these questions:

I have no 7 sec. time slip for this car.

no back seat (cause i don't have one)

100lbs of steel in the trunk so that should cancel the seat

I have 2 front seats

I have a 12 gallon fuel cell.

I can and do drive it on the street.

If i missed anything just ask.

You Guys should really be hitting Dave's PM box with cudo's for the hard work he put into this and ALL of the exposure he gets/gives the Mopar comunity.

OK carry on...
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/25/10 05:48 PM

Thats an easy one,The fastest car ever will ALWAYS be the car that someone is building.
Cars /engines are ALWAYS fast till they actually go down a track.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 04/26/10 12:12 AM

Thanks again Bobby - I appreciate that.

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 12/18/10 03:30 PM

bump.....this was a good thread, AND a couple cars were proven to be some of the fastest Street type cars out there on Moparts. Now another event is shaping up....

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 12/18/10 09:10 PM

depends on stips I guess! some guys have so much done to their car they like the K.I.S.S. method so the can claim a "real" street car

my vote goes to guppy!!! stock suspension and no bars and 7's

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 12/18/10 09:11 PM

Quote:

Here is a pic with 275 Radials
Went 1.34.60ft 5.24 @ 139.83 in the 1/8
3400 lbs ,caltracs .never a wheelie bar on this car. Indy 440-1s on 1 kit
I also have a stock interior including factory back seat. I do have a kirkey seat for the drivers

nice
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 12/19/10 01:43 AM

Not mine......
Posted By: Eric

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 12/19/10 04:35 AM

Quote:

count me, : in let me know where and when !! lets have some fun! how about norwalk classic in sept !!!!! want to wait till after mopar nats and woodward in aug will be driving it alot that week !!! want to turn up the spray at the end of this year

Jim....your car is by far the most immpressive street car I have seen ....and not to mention Heathers favorite car on the planet...

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 12/19/10 08:53 PM

thanks eric, did not know she liked it that much , we might get it down to the convetion center for the world of wheels remember 2 yrs ago i drove it 40 mile round trip in 18 degree weather on snowy salted roads !!!down and back from there lots of people say they have street cars but i never see any being driven! even at the mopar nats !!!! lets do this at the nats drivem out to brice rd and back in 80+ dgree weather and in to the lanes and race !!!!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 12/20/10 12:07 AM

set it up,

BIG time bob will carry us out in his stacker

Attached File
6366961-stacker.bmp  (81 downloads)
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 12/20/10 12:47 AM

Quote:

thanks eric, did not know she liked it that much , we might get it down to the convetion center for the world of wheels remember 2 yrs ago i drove it 40 mile round trip in 18 degree weather on snowy salted roads !!!down and back from there lots of people say they have street cars but i never see any being driven! even at the mopar nats !!!! lets do this at the nats drivem out to brice rd and back in 80+ dgree weather and in to the lanes and race !!!!

you could just do it on bryce road

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 12/20/10 01:06 AM

if u want to get impounded.....I seen the cops bust balls for no good reason .Hate to show my age but it was 1991...but not as old as Bob.....com-on where u at

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 12/20/10 01:07 AM

Quote:

if u want to get impounded.....I seen the cops bust balls for no good reason .Hate to show my age but it was 1991...but not as old as Bob.....com-on where u at

thats wrong!

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 12/20/10 12:51 PM

naw ,not on brice rd too many traffic lites, but the brand x guys that come out on brice looking to take on some mopars, have a couple of good spots to go

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 12/20/10 01:35 PM

i dont want to get my car impounded.....but hey IT HAS BEEN raced on the highway before It wont be the first time....
why you think it looks the way it does
Posted By: silverfish

Re: Who has the fastest street car on Moparts ?? - 12/21/10 07:03 PM

Man I guess I missed this thread last year, don't remember it at all. Funny stuff...
© 2024 Moparts Forums