Quote:

Quote:

You guys with your 12 and 15 mile street-car "drivers" are "killing" me !

I saw MANY TIMES .. the KING of the street-racers(The Silver Bullet/Jimmy Addison) ... BEAT many cars that were CLAIMED to have been "streeters" .. but he took them out through traffic, by the police station AND out on the freeway !!

SOME TIMES as many as 50 miles ! .. His most famous "victim" was Andy Mannarino and his mid-9 second Camaro. Ole AM's motor was so loaded-up - he wanted to change plugs on the side of 696 at 2am in the morning !

B U T ...if you guys want to stick with your deal ... WHERE does all that shuck-and-jive end ? .. are you going to throw some plates on a Pro Mod car ?

You guys that have to drive a Muscle Car long distances to feel good about yourselves, or have to tell guys that their car doesn't fit your definition of "street car" are killing me........BIG DEAL......Your car can do what my wife's minivan can do......WOW, that's impressive.........YOU DA MAN!!!

.........and what octane was in Jimmy Addison's "pump gas" car???

I'm the same way.....I don't LIKE to drive my car for more than 15 to 20 miles.......so why build my motor to run on and put the crappiest minivan propellant ever known to man into my hot rod??? That's like putting a jet motor into a P51 Mustang......sure, it's more practical, but who wants practical??? It's just as dumb........ People walk past a sea of practical cars just to look at, listen to, and enjoy the impractical cars.........

Having said that, I HAVE driven a 19,000 mile, original, high compression Max Wedge Dodge from Tulsa, Oklahoma to Topeka, Kansas (4 hour drive one way) on RACE GAS, filled up at the track during an NHRA national event, drove around all weekend, filled up at the track again and drove home and even go rained on, just to prove to the idoits at home that the car could do it and WAS a STREE CAR even if it did run on race gas............so anyone that says you HAVE to run on pump gas for it to be a "street car" is just trying to make themselves feel better about themselves..........

BUT, to each their own.......I don't get on here and laugh at you because you like that (until now).......if that's what floats your boat, have at it......

I agree 100%,there are a lot of babys on here.Eddie's dumb a$$ has showed you can run pump gas,drive race parts for 1000s of miles.But who cares to me it is a waste on the parts and who cares at the end of the day.This post is for cars like Andy's,mine,bigtimeauto's,Leon's, the green Demon and on.Just because your wife want let you spend a $100,000 on a car that is as useless as mine don't bust my balls.
At the Nat's this year people said that no way was my yellow car a street cat.I drove it to and from the track,put about 300 miles on it.The same people with there stock (holyer than me)cars were on trailers and if they did cruze were running hot and vaper locking.
Eat or be eaten.Lenny