Quote:

Whats the budget

I hate that line. I have never not had something cost at least 2x what I planned on in the first place... That being said, I am just a normal 33 year old guy with a normal income with a family. I am sure it will be at least a couple of years before I have something put together. I feel confident that I can do nearly all the work myself, and have the tools and experience to do it, although this would be my first full blown tube chassis race car if I go that route.
Quote:

and whats the expected ET/mph of the this car ?

The race car route a 500+ci twin turbo wedge. At least into the 9's. Hemi car would just be whatever I could get it to go and still look pretty factory under the hood - high 11s? - I wouldn't want to put a roll bar in it if I went that route.
Yes, I realize I am talking two totally different cars here, but (although I could be way off) seem like they would be similar cost to build. Thinking of either one as a pump gas "street car" that I could drive weekends and maybe race 5-10 times a year. What is "least foolish" money wise, or am I eff'd from the word go on this one?