The car is fairly complete except the front fenders and grill, but there is very little usable above the leaf springs. I was just thinking that maybe going race car instead of resto (Hemi clone) route that I could have a driveable car for less money, although it would likely be worth less finished as well.

I need either a tube chassis kit, tin work, fuel cell and 4-link it, or leaf springs and repop trunk floor, frame rails, trunk supports, fuel tank, etc. The tube kits and 'glas body parts look to be lot$ less than the repop resto parts they would fill in for. I seriously think I could cut the whole car off behind the c-pillar and not waste any good parts, so the work involved will be similar.

Is a rotisserie "restored" clone car (as in very nice driver, not 100-point show car) worth much more than a nice race car or am I just fooling myself?

I am DYING to have a pump gas drag/drag week style car, but don't know if I would be better off doing it with this car or trying to put it together, sell it, and find a roller for sale. I bought the car with the intention (justification to my wife?) of restoring it and selling, but the market for them was better, and the car needs a little more than I though once I got it torn down to the tub...

Last edited by bluthndr; 10/02/09 10:12 PM.