Hi all!

I normally would not respond to this type of thread, but at the request of a few phone calls tonight, I will!

As the program coordinator for this show for quite a few years, I can only say that this person is certainly entitled to his/her, opinion.
After years of trying to give serious, honest and correct information to all lovers of American Muscle Cars, we occasionally have / had things happen, that were over the scope or intent of our best planned expectations.

As an example: This specific show we are speaking / typing of!
As another example; typically, for our show, the network would never condone or enable us to have any type of illegal type of activity on a public street. During one show, we had an unexpected street race happen right in front of us, while we were filming. Being hard core car guys and long time (X), street racers / organized drag racers, we kept filming! We knew the footage would end up on the network editing floor. We (of course), kept the footage and finalized production and sent it off to the network. We were shocked to get our final edit and lo and behold, there, for the muscle car masses, world wide, was the actual street race to be aired in every market! Stunned to say the least.
Some of you may remember the show!? It was the one where two long time friends reenacted a grudge race that had happened many times over the years, where a bronze AAR 4speed Cuda, raced against a cortez silver 69' Z/28, (also 4 speed equipped).

Did we catch flak? Yes! Did we like it? In all honesty? Yes! One thing I have learned during my magazine / tv days, is that controversy sells! Stan funds the show totally from his own pockets and the more people watch or talk about the show, the more the network likes us and renews contracts!

As for an apology! Sorry! But none offered to you!
Our show (The American Muscle Car)may not be for you!
We do the very best we can and it's not always pleasing to everyone. In your case, with all due respect! You may wish to watch NOPI or Opie, which ever you really prefer!
We did nothing wrong intentionally and from what I have been told by many masses of people (while attending national events), we do OK on the entertainment side of things too.

Almost forgot! Yes, the AAR won!

Thank you,

Chuck West

PS - If we ever venture into the world of Foreign cars? We hope you "tune" in!