Quote:

Just for fun how about a 70's street machine formula. Stock 426 including pistons, heads etc. Now bolt on a set of headers, tunnel ram with twin 660's or 750 doubles and a 650 lift solid cam. Something like that ran deep into the 11's. Guys did it all the time.
Tuning the carbs on a tunnel, no different than a 440, setting timing on the Hemi, no different than a 440, setting the valves on a Hemi, no different than a 440. Oh wait, install new plugs on the Hemi, hey thats a lot better than burning your hands on those 440 headers at the track between rounds...

Sheldon

Sheldon, i dont want to scare you, but we do think alike sometimes...

I was thinking used hemi block, 440 crank, new (longer) rods and pistons, which would help with the bobweight issue, big lumpy solid cam. I'd want aluminum heads, if just for weight reduction reasons. Tunnel ram and 660's, good headers, stick... a nice old school powertrain (though hopefully with a 5 or 6 speed stick...) for an old-school looking hotrod. W'unt that be nice...

I should have bought a block and heads while i still had the money for those conversion heads i couldn't find...