Quote:

Just for fun how about a 70's street machine formula. Stock 426 including pistons, heads etc. Now bolt on a set of headers, tunnel ram with twin 660's or 750 doubles and a 650 lift solid cam. Something like that ran deep into the 11's. Guys did it all the time.
Tuning the carbs on a tunnel, no different than a 440, setting timing on the Hemi, no different than a 440, setting the valves on a Hemi, no different than a 440. Oh wait, install new plugs on the Hemi, hey thats a lot better than burning your hands on those 440 headers at the track between rounds...

Sheldon

also..why is it fun beating another mopar? I always got off on beating up on chebbys. They were terrified of my Hemi.

In 1979, my '68 roadrunner 426 street Hemi had stock bore and stroke(and cr) , stock heads with back cut valves with a Vanke intake, jetted stock AFB carbs, Crane R-290(.690 lift). It made between 625 and 650 hp. Shelby Starkey.. of Starkey and Christian super stock fame helped me set it up and was very surprised how fast it ran with used parts. I ran just as fast as their '67 WO car..10.60s.

if I'm not mistaken all Racer Brown STX series cams were flat tappet. STR's were rollers. I ran a STX33 in the Hemi but wiped it. It was my fault because I wanted to drive the car in the winter(blizzard) of '78