Quote:

I just put one(with the new ignitor III) in my 383 and it's at 28 intial just to idle. Runs great over 1500 RPM with great crisp throttle. BUT, it doesn't idle well and I can't get it to start unless I cross the solenoid on the firewall. It seems to drop voltage too much turning the key and I have the positive wire and coil on the hotter side of the resistor.
I also had to move the wires one to the(l-r can't member) to get the vac pot in a decent location.

Yep I'm there. I had to move the wire on the cap
3 poles to clear the firewall or other things.

I would find it nearly impossible for the gear to move up and rotate one tooth and drop back on the
cam when I changed the disty. I also had to mash
one wire because the cap is so tight to the wiper
motor on my dart.

I sound like I am only hittin on 7 or so. It's
weird. I am not sure how the sensor works to know
when it's on firing position or not, but that might explain why I lost 2 InHg. Here's there instructions for install and some pictures.

DISTRIBUTORINSTALLATION1.Remove the Flame-Thrower billet distributor cap.2.Install the distributor gasket over the gear, and up to the distributor collar.Use a small amount of gasket adhesive to help hold the gasket in place.3.Lubricate the distributor gear and distributor shaft with clean engine oil.4.Turn the shaft so that when the distributor is placed into the engine, the rotor position matches that of the original distributor.As the distributor drops down, the rotor will turn slightly as it engages with the camshaft gear.Adjust for this rotation by turning the rotor a few degrees prior to the gear engagement.Several attempts may be necessary to achieve the proper rotor position.The distributor collar should sit completely flat on the intake manifold or block.5.Place the distributor cap onto the housing.6.Turn the housing so that the terminal, that represents the first cylinder in the firing order, lines up with the rotor.7.Install the distributor hold down and tighten the hold down bolt slightly.Once the ignition timing is adjusted the hold down bolt should be tightened completely.

5256963-SNC00082.jpg (57 downloads)