Here is the confusing part to me. Is this a game? You could of explained the rivets from the first posting. You seem to know all about the car already so whats the end game here? Is it time to sell the car and now draw attention? Looking for backup validation?

Obviously its a rare car and very cool but at least to me how all the info is posted and questions asked with already known answers makes this rings more like "Lets see what the dumb smucks know" when you already know or have the answers to your questions.

Its great of you to share your car with us here but it all seems very odd the way your going about it.

shruggy

Originally Posted by robertop
About those blessed rivets, here is what I did. After disassembling the body before painting, I could seethe back of a the rivets I wanted to remove. They looked like what a normal rivet would look. just a hole in the center with a cringlet of bent-over metal around. Sanding that with a Dremel’ was easy andI removed them. To reinstall them, I soldered a short piece of copper rod to the ends, put them back and J-B welded them to the back qagain. I evidently did not put them exactly at the same angle with respect to the tag, and that is probably why you can see amall scratches around the heads. My bad! As far as the windshield, I don’t remember if the painter ever removed it, but I doubt it. The gasket is original. The windshield still has a 1982 Georgia inspection sticker.

STOP POTATO HATE!