Originally Posted by DUFFMAN
Originally Posted by tboomer
Good luck to you! Things are looking up indeed! up

For sure.

What's sad is these are all longer term friends that have evolved into monsters. They're absolutely miserable people but they won't recognize it. Instead of dealing with the things that are making them miserable they blamed me for it, which in turn made me miserable. The worst part is, since I was suffering from anxiety attacks, they used the most cruel tactics they could, like stonewalling and gaslighting. There are now a lot of acquaintances that won't talk to me due to the things these "friends" had told them. One even demanded I do certain things in order to remain friends.

They told me I needed help, but just days after disassociation I felt better. It was like a huge weight had been lifted. Now looking back on how things transpired I realize that the only help I needed was getting away from them and that they need real help, not me. If they were real friends they would have been there to support me with the help they told me I needed.

The more time away the more reflection I've done. Realizing what happened and that they have problems has made me feel even better to not be around them.
Based on your description of these bullies, I would not be surprised if they will now find another victim amongst themselves to harass. The new victim might even contact you when he realizes what has happened to him and that the two of you have a similar experience.

Ragnar in Iceland

PS: Due to the positive changes you have made in your life, you might want to change your sig line

66 Charger, 451, .582" lift, 11" conv. 4.10:1. 4118 lbs 11.75@117 mph on regular Firestone Firehawk radials.
Icelandic Champion in MC 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2022.