Originally Posted by adventurer

iagree
Lived in TN all my life. Like JD said Knoxville and Nashville both have great Mopar clubs and great shows. We live on up in the north east corner of TN in Kingsport. Kingsport is part of the Tri-Cities area of the state. Kingsport / Johnson City / Bristol. Between the 3 cities there is probably 150-200000 people spread out over a roughly 40 mile radius. If you like that kind of stuff Bristol has the NASCAR track. There is lots of scenic stuff in the Blue Ridge Parkway and Appalachian Mountains. Lots of great people. Not to much going on in the car scene few cruise-ins, there is a Mopar show at Bristol Motor Speedway but it isn't much.

I moved from n.e. ohio to n.e tennessee 15 months ago. I live just south of Elizabethton. Every Saturday from April through October they block off three blocks of the historic district for a nice car cruise. They have one all day show each summer.

The mountains are right there. Beautiful Watauga lake is 6 minutes away. Bristol Motor Speedway/Thunder Valley Dragstrip is about 15 minutes away. Johnson City is 15 minutes and has all the shopping and restaurants you would want. Cities of Bristol and Kingsport are maybe 25-30 minutes. Pigeon Forge has a huge car show. That is 2 hours away. If you like to ski there are several ski resorts across the border in N. Carolina. Less than an hour away.

I spent 6 months looking at houses from Chattanooga to Bristol an liked this area.

Last edited by GomangoCuda; 12/31/20 12:41 AM.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.