Originally Posted by JDMopar
Both Nashville and Knoxville each have really good Mopar clubs. Music City Mopars in Nashville, and East Tennessee Mopars in Knoxville. Both clubs put on a nice show every year. Dandridge and White Pine area that Doc mentioned are both close to the lake if you like to be near the water. Clarksville is about an hour NW of Nashville, and was a nice area last time I was there. It is a military/college town that is home to Ft. Campbell Army base, and Austin Peay State University. Good luck to you....and have fun in your search. up

iagree
Lived in TN all my life. Like JD said Knoxville and Nashville both have great Mopar clubs and great shows. We live on up in the north east corner of TN in Kingsport. Kingsport is part of the Tri-Cities area of the state. Kingsport / Johnson City / Bristol. Between the 3 cities there is probably 150-200000 people spread out over a roughly 40 mile radius. If you like that kind of stuff Bristol has the NASCAR track. There is lots of scenic stuff in the Blue Ridge Parkway and Appalachian Mountains. Lots of great people. Not to much going on in the car scene few cruise-ins, there is a Mopar show at Bristol Motor Speedway but it isn't much. If you want to be near a larger city Murfreesboro is south east on Nashville. I have some very good friends that live there. To me the Nashville area gets more than its fair share of rough weather in rain and tornadoes. Knoxville is a bit less of a bad weather prone area. The Cumberland Plateau helps shield it some from what Nashville gets but it can happen anywhere. Dandridge and White Pine also Morristown are near Knoxville. They are also near Sevierville / Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg / Smokey Mountains which are all kind of touristy areas but lots of stuff to do. No state income tax, property tax is generally low in most areas of the state, but sales tax is high, in my area of the state it is generally 9.5% but some areas of the state it is as high as 11%. No vehicle inspections at this point, some areas do have emissions testing. Car tags veries by county, some counties have wheel tax that about double the price of tags. Cost of living is generally pretty low depending on where you look at. All in all I really like living in TN and you probably can't go wrong with any part of the state you choose. Just really depends on what you are looking for. wave

77 Dodge Adventurer SE 440 2wd SWB
78 Dodge Adventurer SE 440 2wd Utiline
90 Dodge D150 SWB 2wd 318fi 4speed
60 Desoto Adventurer 2dr
67 Dodge Dart Gt Conv. 273 4bbl
04 PT Cruiser GT Turbo
14 Ram R/T
"Life's to short to drink cheap beer."