So my PD sent out a list of all 50 states sales taxes (if applicable), if pensions are taxed, social security taxed, etc. and we are thinking about retiring to TN in about ten years. Yes, I know that's a bit far off yet, but since we don't really know anyone down there, or have working knowledge of the different areas; starting next year we are going to try and scout out a few cites/towns each year so we can be informed. TN is attractive as its a red state, not too far from IN (where I live now) , pensions aren't taxed and trying to get away from the brutal winters.
So far just from looking on the net, I like the burb's south of Nashville; Spring Hill, Franklin and she wants to possibly be closer to Knoxville. We want to be in a mid sized city/town (maybe 20K-90K people) +/-, that is close to amenities; hospitals, shopping etc., without having to travel 30 mins to get to civilization. Also areas with a Mopar club close by would be a plus! Figured I'd ask here since we have folks down south. Really don't want to be super close to high crime areas; As an LEO I know crime is everywhere, but right now, I live about 20 mins from Gary, IN. and I'm about fed up with the shenanigans that emanate from that area. Any recommendation on towns we should look at would be appreciated!

Last edited by ricomondo; 12/30/20 05:36 PM.

GY3 71 Demon 340