Quote:

Quote:

New resto to me means "new" as delivered.
Rick.

That has been a big problem in the past with the way things have been translated concerning survivors. These cars may have exhibited flaws and imperfections but they were NEW flaws and imperfections. This holds true for any perishable item on a car. (Which includes just about every part.) From the day a vehicle is manufactured, it starts to oxidize and break down. I had to chuckle at a comment made by a forum member (in another thread) stating that this “stuff” is not a “science”. It most certainly is if you want to fully understand, interpret or discover the causes of why things happened after 40+ years of exposure. Restoring hundreds of pieces on a car will certainly mandate having to understand the “science“ behind the composite parts!

I really enjoy these posts and your input as well Dave. Let me rephrase, new to me, means my wiper bottle will be as delivered, I think, lol. The rest will be over restored by most standards. That is the beauty of each resto, so many choices to be made and for some doing the over the top factory delivered parts, the change will be taking place to the metal before the resto rolls out the door.

Rick.