Well she’s all back together and the air check sounds great on the front clutch now. (Forward clutch and both bands still good too!)

Another item of good news- I was a little terrified to pull the stock 1989 dakota trans crossmember in my chassis. I was thinking after shortening the frame 20” and boxing it all in there is no way it wouldn’t spring when I took the xmember off and it wouldn’t line back up to re-install. That plus needing to finish and paint the bottom of the handmade floor & firewall made me pull the body so the trans would come out the top. I pulled it today and the frame didn’t move at all when the bolts loosened and they didn’t even put up a fight! So any more transmission shenenigans can happen from underneath without pulling the cab again. I have fought trans crossmembers tooth and nail (& torch!!) before so this one will go back on with some anti seize!

Anyway, thanks all for the support and insight. I’ll report back after I crank her back up and hopefully get a cruising gear and a reliable smooth reverse gear.

Radar

1D716DF2-BB90-4A59-9176-C93F73830F9D.jpeg