Thanks fellas!

The clutch pack did start with a steel- I accidently left it on the piston when I took the pack back out for the photo. And for sure I was pointing at the wrong groove in the pic! Long night...

Here’s some better pics of what’s going on here. The bore of the clutch shell actually looks really good to my untrained eye. You can see where the steels ride/seal but it doesn’t catch a fingernail and isn’t too wide so the endplay is probably ok too. This is the blue sticky assembly lube I have been using for the transmission. And the last two pics are of the damage to the sealing ring groove that had to have happened during installation. The pan had one little arc of sealing ring and a few crumbs. Most of the broken ring was still in the groove. If any had escaped during operation it would have chewed the crap out of the reaction shaft and drum inner bore- glad to not see $$ that. I think I can get away with touching up that ring groove so no burrs interfere with the ring floating freely.

I’m planning to replace the two warped cupped steels. The others are still dead flat with no bad burn marks. Also I’m replacing two fibers mostly because that’s how many spares I have. The fibers are a little black around the edges but not worn thin into the fiber material. Should I scuff the used ones with some scotchbrite? They don’t look real polished/glazed. When I first assembled this clutch pack it had 4 fibers and .045 clearance to the snap ring- when I pulled it the clearance was gone due to overheated cupped steels- one slightly and one noticably cupped/warped. I know I am on the tight side of acceptable clearance- I will re-check and verify it after I build it back up but I wonder if taking my pressure plate to the machine shop to have .020” skimmed off would be a great idea or a waste of time and money.

52687C39-9910-4537-B333-4A7953A1ED5D.jpeg