Gettin closer! I was bummed about pulling the trans out the bottom but I needed to finish the bottom and firewall of the cab anyway so I pulled the body off and the trans is right there. My new 727 seals & gaskets just came in the mail today too.

Doing more research on the front clutch piston made me remember what a pain in the butt it was and how I knew that it felt iffy going in but the only way to check it is pulling it back out and starting over trying to get it started.

Last time assembling the piston I wrapped in teflon tape then electrical tape to hold it facing down and put it in the freezer for 20 mins to try and keep it tucked tightly down. The teflon tape was to make the electrical tape come off clean. Then I smeared it with sticky blue transmission assembly grease and tried to push and shimmy it home.

Anticipating a re-do of that job I read back up online and in my books. I read about using sonnax slippery stick to glue the seal tight and facing down but nobody sells it around me. I did find door-ease for sale on amazon which was mentioned in another book so I got a stick of it.

Does anybody have any wisdom about doing this job better prepared this time? It’s a late 70’s 727 if that makes a difference-takes the thin seal I think? Have you had luck with the super sticky lube technique? Is door ease even a good idea to try?

Thanks!

6201F766-B5C1-4B51-A816-00804475D086.jpeg