Hello Ray
I'm pretty sure the first time we met was at that Rt. 66 Mopar show in Joliet, must have been around '97, as I do recall you had the yellow Mr Norms T/A at the time! Since then you've had another T/A, an AAR, the Challenger convertible, the Superbird, the Demon 340 and now the cuda 340 and here I am still working on the same project!
Believe it or not, my T/A was last licensed around '88 or '89. I'd go screw around with it from time to time and get it running. Since your a LEO I'll just say I would pull it out in the driveway and drive up and down the driveway, and that the allegations I would put plates from one of my other cars on it and drive it around some are just rumors! (What is the statue of limitations on illegal use of license plates anyway??) I did take it to the Koller show in '99 (it levitated there to Naperville ) There was a guy there named Gil I knew who won best stock of show with his FJ5 T/A. I really wonder if that T/A Best of Show (or whatever they are calling themselves now) is listing for sale is Gils old car, can't be too many FJ5 CA emission factory window louver T/A's in the world. Gil sort of disappeared off the face of the earth after he sold that T/A.
I may have to sell something, I have 4 Challengers and a 3 car garage! Maybe I could get a 4 post lift so could park all 4 in there, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Otherwise the V code has to go.... but when I was first getting going on this project I was telling people I'd probably have to sell the convertible to support the T/A project. 10 years from now I'll probably still be working on the T/A and saying I'll have to sell another E body I had bought recently. My life is sort of like the movie Groundhog Day.