I can confirm it was a legit V code, and the last IL plates on her were from '73 or ''74. Looked like an old hot rod with glass packs on it, and looked like black paint. Like you, I and at least 2 other guys I know, banged on his door, but were met with the "not for sale" response.

Sad part is I bet his garage was so full of junk, he wouldn't have any room in there as his daily driver also sat outside...if he'd only kept that Chally garaged all these years. Alas, no one I know who stopped there knows what happened to the car.

Quote:

As for the V code, it was just east of Meacham Rd but West of the hotel/355. It was actually closer to Meacham. As the story goes it sat there since the late 70's. I went to the house and spoke with him but he had no interest in selling nor trading for a running/driving lesser ebody. Not really sure if he knew much nor cared about codes. It had a cover on it so I never actually saw the VIN. But I was told by 2 seperate and solid sources it was a V code. It's since dissapeared in the last year or two. He had an empty garage so it might of been moved in there. I'll fill you in with some additional details when we chat sometime. BTW I'll be looking forward to seeing your T/A !